Starting work again ..information on tax please?

pricey123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I found this forum so useful on a previous post, I thought I'd try my luck again !

I haven't worked since March of this year, but have now been offered a post paying £14K per annum (salary calculator makes take home pay around £965 per month). My tax code is 647L, so I know I can early 6475 before I pay tax. Since it's now the end of August and I haven't had any earnings since the start of the new tax year, how will my pay be affected by tax. Will I have a "tax free" period, or will I have to wait until next April and claim a rebate (I'm married if that makes a difference). I'm really looking to find my net wages accurately so I can budget.

Thanks in advance ....

Hello. I think I'm right in saying that your tax free allowance is spread over the year. But with the PAYE system, you should see a bit more each month than you would have if you'd been working since April, because it's averaged out. Please don't ask me about maths, I'm rubbish.

If you're confused once you receive a payslip, which should state your tax code, talk to the payroll department if there is one.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum