Equita removal notice and no help from council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi am new and think this site is great, just updating on the thread i put on yesterday. I have tried dealing with Equita and the council over this matter but am still banging my head on the wall. I have rang the bailiff assigened to my case numerous times since receiving removal notice but keep getting his orange answer machine i have also been emailing liverpool city council but they are not very helpful either as they just keep saying i have to deal with Equita which i have been trying to do. i Have attached the email i have just received from council.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you for your e.doc

Hi am new and think this site is great, just updating on the thread i put on yesterday. I have tried dealing with Equita and the council over this matter but am still banging my head on the wall. I have rang the bailiff assigened to my case numerous times since receiving removal notice but keep getting his orange answer machine i have also been emailing liverpool city council but they are not very helpful either as they just keep saying i have to deal with Equita which i have been trying to do. i Have attached the email i have just received from council.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

From attachment

"Thank you for your e-mail about your council tax arrears.

If your arrears are with bailiff we can not advise you to pay your council tax direct to Liverpool City Council as the debt is no longer held by us - wrong, the debt belongs to the Council at all times, the Bailiffs are contractors employed by the Council to try and obtain the monies for them. Making payment direct to the council will not stop the debt being with the bailiff and even if it is paid in full to the council there my still be charges made by the bailiff (for writing letters etc - no Regulation exists for them to charge for writing letters) which will still be owed to them.

I would advise you to contact an impartial third party for advice such as the Citizens Advice Bureau as my colleague has suggested. If there are reasons why you think your arrears should not be with bailiff you would have to appeal in writing to our Revenues Department. The Citizens Advice Bureau may be able to help you with this.

[/url]You can also access the bailiff code of conduct which all bailiff's working for Liverpool City Council should follow by clicking hereclip_image001.gif. You can find more information on how the council collect council tax arrears on our website at

http://www.liverpool.gov.uk/Council_government

Do you know how much you owe? Do you know how much the Bailiff is charging? Have they made a levy or seized any goods, have they been in your home?

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Ploddertom, thanks for messaging me. No i dont know how much i owe the original debt from council was £451 and i have been paying Equita £30 a month from March this year but i missed Julys payment due to sudden death in the family and my head was all over the place and i just completely forgot to pay it. I was going to pay the 2months today as i normally pay them when the last friday on the month but i received the removal notice on wed i rang equita and they said it was nothining to do with them and that i had to get intouch with the bailiff direct, i tried to do this but keep getting his orange answer machine. I did put the letter that he posted through the door on here on wed if you want to have a look at. No he has not been in my home and i dont no what his charges are.

Any help would be much appriceated

Many thanks

Reiki05

write a formal complaint to the chief executive of your council explain the reason for the missed payment (bereavement in the family ) and you simply forgot to make the payment explain equita are now demanding payment in full or the removal of goods inform them there is no walking possession on any of your goods

explain you have contacted equita and the council both refuse to deal with the situation and you have tried to contact the bailiff on several occasions but you cant get past his answering machine and he has not returned your calls tell them if you had been allowed to set up payment by standing order or direct debit this situation would not have happened

send by e-mail and recorded delivery letter clearly mark your letter /e-mail formal complaint

I think capita administrate council tax for Liverpool council therefore when you phone the council its them you are speaking to and it just so happens that equita are part of the capita group