Ocelot0411

Default removal - First Direct - a first direct cc

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3622 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Sorry I know there are a lot of threads on this topic but I can't find anything on this particular subject as I think its a bit of an odd one. It goes like this.

I had a credit card which I defaulted on. I sent a CCA to the credit card company and as part of that they sent me a computer print out showing that the balance of the card had been transfered to a bank account which they opened (I have never held a bank account with these people). They then defaulted that account, i.e. the bank account not the credit card account. can I get this removed on the grounds that I never had this account? I have had a copy of the default notice which is for the credit card account and not the actual account they defaulted me on, it was invalid anyway.

What thinks you please?

get the cca and post on this thread

get the dn and scan and post on this thread

remove name address account number

send a SAR request which costs £10 to the origional credit card provider

check for

1. PPI payments

2. Late payments, charges on c/card

we can get these back very easily

ok?

who is the oc

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Jdes26 forgive me, but you seem to be missing the point. I am not looking for credit card charges back or PPI insurance, I already know that there are neither of these on the card in question. What I am looking for is the removal of the default. The default is not even recorded against the credit card account. It is recorded against a bank account that was opened without my knowledge or consent and then defaulted. I want this default removed on the grounds that I never held this account.

OC - does that mean 'original creditor'? If so its First Direct - a first diret cc, debt moved to a FD bank account then defaulted. The bank account default is recorded on my credit file.