style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:eek: bailiff called for my son who couldn't keep up with the ridiculous £60 a fortnight out of his JSA. Said he could see at 18 that he has no assets and will refer back to court. Thats what we wanted, now what i need to know is do the charges still stand from bailiffs? he's paid £170 and the fine was £120 but will the court make him pay the other £230? thx

There are no bailiff charges on court fines. HMCS official advice is bailiffs cannot charge you more than you are fined.

From HMCS website: http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex345.pdf On page 3 under Magistrates courts.

See also, Section 2 and 4 of the Fraud Act 2006. Its an offence make a false representation to obtain a money transfer. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/section/2

Professional property investor and conveyancer

"Civilian enforcement officers (CEO’S) Magistrates’ Courts — are not allowed to charge you more than the amount you are fined. However, additional costs for removing and selling goods may be added to the amount you owe."

Is this the bit you mean? I think it was an enforcement officer who came last night. My son had a fixed penalty that he failed to pay, It was HMCS gave the account to the bailiffs. I'm confused now :confused:

If the Distress Warrant is returned back then the case reverts to the amount of the fine ONLY. Any bailiff fees are removed.

As has been stated on these forums many times, the fees being charged by the bailiff are NOT fees that are provided for in the statutory regulations but are instead allowed by way of a Contract between HMCS and the various bailiff companies (Marston Group/Philips Ltd).