Freddie 14

HELP! EXCEL parking after me in Mansfield!, Ticket issued at St Peters Retail Park

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3552 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I thought i would check the internet before paying this ticket - glad i did! An incredible amount of information. I hope one/some of you can help me with advice.

The story: We parked in the aforementioned car park which has big signs saying the first 30 mins are free then after that you must pay. It was clearly visible from the car and as it was raining we just parked up and went to the shop. After 20 mins my girlfriend realised we may end up over the 30 mins time limit so went outside to purchase a ticket. The ticket man had just placed a ticket on our car!!! He explained that we must get a"free ticket" as advertised. On closer inspection of the board it said "ticket required" for the 30 mins free period however in much smaller print. Not only that but we were only there for 20 mins!

I wrote a letter to contest expecting a reasonable person would read it and use their discretion. They didn't and have told me i have to pay £40 - 1 hrs ticket only costs 70 pence!?

Should i pay / should i fight? I have no idea where i stand legally and i'm a little worried about getting black listed or taken to court. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Freddie

Although perhaps not emphasised in the threads the well known case of Excel Parking Services -v- Hetherington-Jakeman was heard at Mansfield County Court. Excel are therefore extremely unlikely to want to return to that court any time soon for a repeat of the drubbing the judge gave them last time.

There is nothing to 'fight', it is just a [problem] ignoring is the easiest way to go.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Excel had their arses soundly kicked by the court in the Hetherington case. Here's the story on the Masfield Chad site: http://www.chad.co.uk/news/Judge-says-Excel-parking-fines.3903396.jp

This story still brings a smile. :grin:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the posts guys - much appreciated. I do however need some more advice!!!!

I have now received 3 letters:

Letter 1 - "Notice to owner" from excel demanding £100!!!

Letter 2 - "Final Demand Notice Prior to Court Action" from excel for £100!!!

Letter 3 - A debt collector letter from "Roxburghe Debt Collectors" Demanding £141.12!!!

Do i keep ignoring or make contact with someone?! Do i need a solicitor?! I have no idea why the charge has gone to £141.12 - its a little random. I could really do with NOT loosing in court if it goes that far. Are you sure that they have no grounds?

Would really appreciate any help or advice from any of you.

Just for completeness i have also attached my initial contest letter - its the only correspondence i have made to date. Do i need to write another letter?

You had a "Final demand or else you will go to court" in letter 2, then the next letter you get is from a debt collector.

Ask yourself this, Why have i not been taken to court after this final demand then?

What answer do you come up with?

You do not need to worry, its a [problem], they want you to give them money. If you like giving money away can you give me some i fancy a night out tonight?

By the way you might want to remove all personal and identifying info from that attatchment!

hello all:-)

Er yes. IGNORE the [problematic], BUT remove your personal info. ie address, name, mobile number and any reference numbers. You never know who is reading this and what they may do with it.

Dont pay them a penny - I just ignored mine and they gave up

Thanks for the posts guys - much appreciated. I do however need some more advice!!!!

I have now received 3 letters:

Letter 1 - "Notice to owner" from excel demanding £100!!!

Letter 2 - "Final Demand Notice Prior to Court Action" from excel for £100!!!

Letter 3 - A debt collector letter from "Roxburghe Debt Collectors" Demanding £141.12!!!

Do i keep ignoring or make contact with someone?! Do i need a solicitor?! I have no idea why the charge has gone to £141.12 - its a little random. I could really do with NOT loosing in court if it goes that far. Are you sure that they have no grounds?

Would really appreciate any help or advice from any of you.

Just for completeness i have also attached my initial contest letter - its the only correspondence i have made to date. Do i need to write another letter?

Of course the figures are random. The charge is spurious, plucked out of the air.

Relax. You have your Graham White letters to look forward to yet.

Don't send them anything. You're only wasting you time by demonstrating to them you don't understand the [problem].

Hi Freddie 14,

I recieved a ticket today at the same car park, just wondering if you have had further action from excel?

And as a open question to all, has anyone had any recent action taken against them from excel? or should i just sit back and let the letters come in?

In my case, i know i went over the parking time, but i do think £40 is far to much for a mistake.

Just read the two posts above yours. You will get some scrap paper sent to you. Don't contact them and don't worry about it.

If only people would simply take the tiem to read the hundreds of threads about these PPCs BEFORE asking a questioon in the middle of someone elses thread! It does get very tedious answering the same questions. Tomorrow someone else will ask the exact same thing.

I know this sounds a bit of a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway, why shouldn't I pay this fine (not that I want to) but on what grounds am I protected from having to pay this amount. I don't agree with these parking charges at all, especially on a Sunday.

I know this sounds a bit of a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway, why shouldn't I pay this fine (not that I want to) but on what grounds am I protected from having to pay this amount. I don't agree with these parking charges at all, especially on a Sunday.

Please look at the replies posted above yours, and it's not a FINE, it's an unenforceable invoice.