ESA - Has anyone had a REVIEW of ESA and another Medical? PLEASE HELP

CRAZY COLLIES
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I never got that far. I had my medical in January this year and was told a couple of weeks ago that the appeal hearing will be after Christmas - Jan/Feb 2011!!

I gave up after hearing that info - couldn't stand another 5/6 months of the stress.

Ended up claiming JSA after telling a whole load of white lies to get it!!

Anyhow from what I was told by CAB when they did the appeal for me in February, that is it was more then likely that I would have regular ATOS medicals as the DWP would only at the best consider me unfit for 3/6 months at a time - even if I did manage to win the appeal. That was another reason I gave up with it!!!

I suppose it is one way of keeping people on the assessment rate after failing each medical!!

I'm just praying that they don't find me a job!! I have to keep applying for them, but I have every intention of messing up if ever I get to the interview stage.

We are on The Magic Roundabout but Zebidee doesn't say, "it's time for bed", he says, "it's time to fail another assessment". Round and round we go until we give up and "sign on" for work. Then we might get more very seriously ill and get back on the roundabout.

Sure we should protest and lobby etc. (I am) but our wonderful new Big Society has an equally Big Roundabout. Have you tried stopping those roundabouts in the playgrounds? Not easy.

I'm losing the plot a bit, I admit.

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Hello there. I can't remember the details offand, but hope Erika will clarify. As I understand it from reading a review done with claimants and posted here, there are 2 'medicals' or assessments, one for capability and one for what work a person might be able to do. They were meant to be done at the same time by Atos, but when they got busy, the work assessment was dropped and done separately.

What assessment have you been invited to? I apologise if I haven't remembered this in great detail, but I do know that there are separate assessments.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

HB's probably right about the second assessment being to see what you might be able to do workwise.

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Hi... Please advise/Help.

Less than a year after winning a Tribunal to gain more points than what ATOS awarded me for ESA I am apparantly due a REVIEW?

Can this be correct, has anyone had this REVIEW for ESA?

Hi crazy collies, sorry to hear of the continuing suffering you are being put through!.. Having visual impairment myself, yet only gaining 6 ' magical' points at my WCA ATOSH assement ( appeal due in October).....

Please get in touch and seek advice/help from r.n.i.b . .. they are truly marvelous,fuloy understand 'ALL EYE PROBLEMS and are there TO HELP AMD SUPPORT 'ANYONE' with visual impairment and sight problems of all kinds... not only blind people......they are there to 'help AND PREVENT FURTHER DAMAGE/SIGHT LOSS... even though this current SYSTEM ( I..E ATOS / WCA DISCRIPTORS AREN'Tand don't give an 'ATOSH' ABOUT FAILING SIGHT AND HELPING TO MINIMISE FURTHER SIGHT LOSS! )

MY best wishes to you, good luck and 'stay strong'

countmein x

capability,and one for what a person might be able to do:confused: (honey bee:)hellow)

is this not the same thing:idea: 1 medical

I complained about my medical,atosHCP everything; Received letter back ,just a bit from letter.

atos hcp "explains that the purpose of the work capability assessment is not to diagnose amedical condition,but to assess the functional affects that a customers condition has on their day to day life.

i have had 1 medical(in total, so far febuary this year) i thought i was attending atos farce because i had

something wrong with me ,,,,which i did, now recovering after operation:smile: (still waiting for tribunal date:rolleyes:) probably come through , when i go back to work(near future)

atos/dwp think i will just forget about tribunal. "DONT THINK SO"

chins up people happyhamr:smile:

Hi Crazy Collies, unfortunately it is correct! At this point, try not to worry too much as I believe the review is taken by one of the ESA's Decision Makers. Send in as much evidence as you can e.g. Consultant, GP appointments, copy of prescriptions etc to assist them in making the right decision.

Best wishes

Hi Everyone....

Thank you for your comments. However, I am still confused and lost with all this. My question is has ANYONE with existing ESA Income Related in the Support Group had to have a review after around 14 Months of receiving ESA?

I went to a Tribunal in December 2009 and was awarded further points as the Decision Maker gave me only 12 points and the Tribunal backed me up and awarded me a total of 30 points and put me as the Support Group component. I just think it is too soon for a Review having gone through all the stress last year from August to December 2009 with the tribunal build up etc.

Has anyone else had a REVIEW and if so what happened? What do they do?

Crazy Collies

Hi Crazy Collies

Please see my post above. In answer to your question, "has ANYONE with existing ESA Income Related in the Support Group had to have a review after around 14 Months of receiving ESA?". My son who is in the Limited Capability for Work group has just had a review after 12 months. We only knew this had happened when he received no money. I rang DWP to find out why he had not received his benefit. Three hours later they rang to say the money would be in his account that day. They apologised saying that on review his money shouldn't have been stopped. To the contrary they were sending out forms for us to complete to see if there was anything else he was entitled to. However, I should stress that due to his condition he was recently awarded middle care and lower rate mobility at tribunal. The Chairman informed us that the medical evidence was jumping off the page and screaming at them. The DWP Officer I spoke to was aware of the Tribunal's decision which I think they took into consideration when they did the review.