CRED

Attachment of earnings order what are the penaties for maladministration?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3632 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone give me any advice? After many years of struggling the CSA finally made a attachement of earnings order to ensure payment to me for my 2 sons. I have not had a payment since June(and that was the wrong amount) and now have direct debits bouncing. The CSA chased my ex husbands company who said it was a clerical error and that that normal payment plus arrears would be made. The same mistake was made again and CSA say that they have contacted the company who say the person who can make payments is not available untill 4 September which I find odd as they are a multinational company you would think there would be someone else available, this saga seems ongoing and although I work I am getting into financial difficulties, I have tried to find out information on the penalties companys face for maladministration so that I can write to the company concerned, can anyone help?

Having used payroll, the percentage amount or the sum, if it is below the percentage allowed, is entered and the payment automatic so I don't see how they can have a clerical error. If they had a genuine clerical error the first time, that is forgivable, to do it twice is negligence.

I don't know the answer to your question about penalties though. One would think that a company, as large as you say they are, will be able to bull the CSA though and just put the figures right so mitigating any action if it's possible.