MountainGoat

Global Debt Recovery Ltd (reply to Template Letter N) - What next?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3635 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everyone

I have been chased by these guys for a while and I finally sent them Template Letter N just on the advice I read in previous threads which matched my problem.

I recieved a reply to Template Letter N and it reads as follows:

Please find enclosed a breakdown of the outstanding balance of the above account. Please send your payment within the next 14 days.

The attachment is a screenshot with my surname spelled wrong by one letter. The only information on this one record Microsoft Access style screenshot is a despatch date and an offer description. This is obviously not proof of me signing an agreement. They also have not returned my fee of £1.00 which I sent.

Most of the posts I have read regarding this company say to now wait as after 30 days they are breaking the law but I do not understand this process.

Do I simply bin this letter and forget about it or what is next?

Thanks

(tried to add these as attachments but it resized them to very small so i uploaded the originals on this site)

http://i33.tinypic.com/6qb6gl.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/25ilor7.jpg

Global2.jpg

Global1.jpg

Edited by MountainGoat

the 30days cca bit went out the window 18mts ago

if they dont respond within 12+2 day no debt exists.

can you give us more history please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi

The debt they are chasing is £22.95 for a figure which was ordered from the back of a magazine. I personally cannot remember when this was even ordered, but the screenshot shows 2005. The company it was ordered from seems to be Compton & Woodhouse. I have some reciepts from when I made payments for this item but I would need to double check them to make sure this was fully paid up. I am pretty sure it was but I will clarify tonight.

I posted Temple Letter N on the 3rd August 2010. I did not send it by recorded delivery. I recieved their reply on the 19th August 2010. I shall scan in the letter tonight also.

As they have replied on the 19th August 2010, would that then make it the 8th September 2010 when the 12+2 days are up, or do weekends count?

hehe

ignore

just some fleecer trying their luck before it goes SB.

dca's have NO LEGAL POWERS

ignore it

dx

I would like to ignore them but i am sick of the threats. Is there no template to let them know that I am aware they wuld be breaking the law after 14 days?

thanks

The 12 + 2 is twelve working days plus two working days to allow for the postal system - 14 working days in total. Don't count weekends or bank holidays.

If you don't get a valid response to a CCA request after the prescribed time limit, you can send the Account In Dispute letter.

Hope that helps.

H.

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

The 12 + 2 is twelve working days plus two working days to allow for the postal system - 14 working days in total. Don't count weekends or bank holidays.

If you don't get a valid response to a CCA request after the prescribed time limit, you can send the Account In Dispute letter.

Hope that helps.

H.

Ah thank you very much. I had a look at the thread which i got Template Letter N from, however i cannot see the letter you speak of there.

I have also now added attachments of the letter i recieved.

http://i33.tinypic.com/6qb6gl.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/25ilor7.jpg

Global1.jpg

Global2.jpg

Edited by MountainGoat

DX100uk,

Could you enlarge on the bit about 12+2 being breached then no debt exists please.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

you didn't sign a credit agreement so none of this applies............

ignore them

it will matter not what you write

you might chase them away, but they'll just fwd it on in a phishing list.

ignore them totally.

there is nowt they can do to you.

dx

You have challenged them to provide proof and they have failed to do so. There is nothing they can do to make you pay this debt because it is not proven it is owed by you and that they have the right to collect. All they can do is pass it onto another debt collector to chance their luck. They would be doing that because until Global come up with the proper paperwork the matter lies with them.

You could respond to them with the matter in dispute letter and ask them to send you a copy of their complaints procedure. Tell them you intend to make such a complaint that they are chasing an unrecognised deb and if they don't prove it you will report them to the regulatory authorities. They have eight weeks from the date of receipt of a complaint to resolve it. If they don't report them to the Financial Services Ombudsman. It could cost Global £400 for the privilege of an investigation by the Ombudsman into this matter so it has to be worth the effort.