Future dating of 'official' documents, how to read orange bars?

MDK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received what looked on initial inspection to be a very formal demand before court action from Robinson Way... the date on the letter was the same date (on a Monday) that I received it! And it had an S type mark on it which I presume is second class?

Did they perhaps type it up on a laptop, with attached printer in the car powered either by solar panels or some fancy car adaptor and sneakily put it into the postpersons van whilst they were delivering to other people?

The 'document' gave me 10 days from the date of the letter to pay up in full!

Hmmmm... I smell a big RAT...

are these DCAs and others now resorting to future dating to get around problems with timescales?

Has anyone else had any similar problems like this and what can we do about it now that these hard to read orange postal marks are everywhere and seemingly easy to pretend .. it took long in the post or too quick?

I have had the opposite in dating of letters as well... from a water company that gives me 14 days from or just sometimes even 7 days from the date of the letter to read my meter, if I don't, I don't get the rewards (which are worthwhile) and somehow the letter is ALWAYS dated about 7 days before I receive it or even longer!!!

This post office lack of franking and replacement with some orange bars is not helping one bit. How can we read orange bars easily and find out they are plain outright lying to us?

The companies like the banksters have found yet another way to rip us off.

How do we stop it?