Bought a second hand car in June which has now broken down 3 times

Frankie001

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope you don't mind me butting in on this thread, we're in a similar situation. Bought a second hand car in June which has now broken down 3 times. 1st time was 3 days after purchase which turned out to be a flat battery since it's actually the wrong battery for the car. 2nd time was 2 days after that, fuel pump and coil packs needed replacing. The battery wasn't a big deal, we got rescued and sent on our way, but the other one was £150 repairs. Before we got the repairs done we spoke to the dealer who refused to collect the car so we agreed to get the repairs done and they would pay, although they are now saying all they agreed to pay for was the parts at the price they could get them for (not true). The car was not driveable at that point, and unfortunately this being our only car at the time, we did not have the luxury of just telling them to collect it and sort it, it could have gone on too long and I needed the car for work.

Anway, we've billed them, they've said no, we've threatened them with court and taken advice and now looking at the next step, in between all this we needed to replace a wheel bearing (£167)

We were prepared to accept that getting our money back might be slow, and iffy, but were going to try as I don't see why they should get away with it, except that it's now broken down again, cam belt (!) and a possible £800 bill.

We only paid £750 for the car in the first place, so far £400 in repairs within the first two weeks, plus up to another £800. Before anyone says 'that's the chance you take with a car that price', the SOGA still stands up. So, what I would like to know is, is there any chance after two months but all these problems, of getting the dealer to refund the price of the car and take it back? Where would we stand in law with this? Thanks, hopefully. :)

Hi, Frankie001.

I have started a new thread for you, please continue to post here regarding this matter.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

With respect Frankie, you are asking for advice on someone elses thread which can make things complicated. You would be better starting your own thread if you want specific advice to your situation.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• 1 month later...