Plz Help, ScottCall Ltd Doorstep Debt Collector

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,I would be very grateful if someone could give me advice.My Wife & i arrived home yesterday from doing some shopping to find out that a Debt collector for ScottCall Ltd had been at my door.He asked my 16 year old daughter if a Mrs xxxxxxx xxxxxxx lived here to which she replied yes but wasn't in at the moment.He left her a card with his name,mobile no and a Ref number on it and asked for my wife to phone him.Which of course she hasn't done & has no intention of doing so(after reading threads on this site).My wife is 99.9% certain that she has no outstanding debt & cannot think why they would be wanting to speak to her.The only thing we can think of is a debt she had with Capitol One back in 2007 which was paid by monthly installments & cleared in June 2008 to another DCA called Robinson, Way &Company Limited based in Carolina Way ,Salford M50 2ZY. We still have the original letter from them(Robinson, Way) acknowledging the last payment & subject to payment clearing(which it did) her account was now paid.We have never had any dealings with Doorstep Debt Collectors before and would be Grateful for some advice on what to do if he comes back to our house&what rights he has to do so in the first place . Thanks Danzer

Hi Danzer and welcome to Cag

Short and sweet answer is that he has no rights and you should be telling him to get off your property........politely of course :-)

Thats about it, if its anything important or needs a response I'm sure Snotcall will call on someone with a brain to write to you

Gez

Hi Gez, Thank you for your quick response & advice, which i shall be taking & being polite about it:).So i guess its just a case of waiting to see what happens next. will keep thread updated. Thanks again.

Danzer