• Tweets

• Reply from Marquis... I've googled Globalim and it looks like they are an insurance company, first I've heard of them. I'd probably accept the £421. But surely my claim is against Marquis not the insurance whoever they are.   Good afternoon Mr Desnos   I have discussed your case, we have contacted Global on your behalf to see if the cost as per your attachment can be claimed back. They have agreed to refund you but you will have to send the invoice direct to them to claim the £421.42. Please send the invoice to  <Claims.L@globalim.co.uk> on your e mail state that Jackie Ord has discussed the case on the 23/9 any problems let me know. We cannot do this for you it has to be between the customer and Global Mr Desnos.   During the course of our conversation you made the decision to take the van yourself to Truma, the offer was always there in relation to bringing the van back, at some point we would have probably taken the van to truma regardless. The warranty is a back to base and we do not offer fuel compensation so on this occasion we will not be refunding you the £80.00. In relation to the mobile technician again we cannot refund as all works have to be undertaken back at base.   You mention about the waste water pipe, off course we will rectify this at your convenience, please give one of my girls on the front desk a call to get this booked in.   With reference to the mileage issue, I have discussed this today and one of my colleagues will be in touch to discuss further.   I hope this helps   Kind regards
    • Hi and thanks for your reply. I ask myself this every day at the moment but it really is essentially due to not being able to find this spec or even close for the money.  I work in laptop/phone repairs and one thing I do know is even if I looked at another brand such as Lenovo which is the closest to this one, the Dell is made a lot better and with much more reparability options.  More Lenovos are written off vs Dells for instance due to logic board failures.  And that really is the bottom line that anything/where else I would be taking a serious drop in spec or a serious (£1000+ ) increase in cost.   Since the last update, he did get back to me with more bad news that apparently they are still receiving returns with the same issue and so it would be another month before they know whether the right parts are in stock to build a new one for me.  Or they have given me "as exception" an option for a refund.   I have once again given them the option of letting me buy another one of these and if this is good, they simply refund me the new price (much higher than I paid for at around £700 currently) and take the old one back.  If not, I can try one more purchase and by then, if its still bad, we are in their 1 month wait timeline and a final decision maybe for a refund can be made then.   As for consumer vs business - unsure.  But I have asked Dell live chat if a consumer can purchase a Precision for personal use and they said yes, they just put my name in the company field instead of a company and this is what was done looking at my invoice for the system.    The reason I push this is almost everyone I know who had the issue (via another forum) and this was around 30-40 threads maybe? have now got a replacement laptop with the revised part and less and less are now complaining about their new purchase being faulty which clearly suggests new sales seem to be good but technical keep going through the same delayed route.   Hopefully this answers your queries - I honestly think if there is an equal or better option, I would have taken it by now and I'm only loyal and patient to a point!      
    • Nor do I but it isn't something I would allow myself to get hung up about. If you don't mind me saying you do have quite a pronounced populist political view. It's not my thing at all, I don't give a damn about class.    
    • Browse: Benefits - GOV.UK View the full article
    • Hello Thank you DX,    that's the one I used mainly and posted what I think it should look like.   How does that read or is it complete rubbish and I need to try again? I know I have to submit ASAP now so getting anxious 
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3677 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi - I originally posted a thread Help! Asset link taking me to court in forum capital one in 2007-08 and received some really valuable advice which I followed and never heard anything again. I have found out this week that I now have a default next to my name from....Assetlink. Is there anything I can do to get this removed? My last correspondence was 8 Jan 08 from Mrs Roberts Litigation officer at asset Link Capital, saying ...we wrtie futher to your recent defence filed. The contents are noted. In order for us to fully investigate the points you raise, documentation has been requested from archive. Upon receipt of such we will be able to fully respond to your comments and provide copies of the relevant documentation in this matter. In the meantime we weill request this matter be transferred to your local court for action to continue...

And that was the very last I heard. I have had absolutly nothing since, so I am really unhappy to find there is a default against my name.

Would really appreciate some advice

Thanks

melanie

Write to the DCA holding the data stating that the entry is disputed and that you require

a NOTICE OF DISPUTE posted on to your report.

It seems to be your next step is to check on line if your court holds any stayed

litigation asap or visit your court the staff a usually very helpful.

How old is the debt?

And have you sent CCA request to Crap One?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: