Experian Credit Expert

Guest ian cognito
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest ian cognito

Has anyone on here ever registered for the above online service which is supposed to give you access to your credit report online. If so have you been successful in viewing the report? This service is charged at £5.99 per month (it's only £2 to get your report through the post) and I have registed twice and just get a "sorry this service is currentl unavailable" screen so I suggest if you're tempted - Don't. I have e-mailed the customer service department asking for a refund. I'll let post progress reports

good luck with that - i paid £2 four times and still didnt get the report!

called up and asked for a refund and got no responce, did get one copy of my file tho!...i cant be bothered to fight with them over £8

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

Oh! Thank goodness you posted this! I have had the same problem, but not with just Experian, but Equifax too!!!!!!!

I am unable to find a 'cancel subscription' for Experian, and i just coughed up 5.99 for it. Not a happy bunny!

Not only that, but with Equifax (who I tried after the problems with Experian) ask you lots of personal details about your debts, to verify who you are, and I answered them all, and it all went through ok, then they tell me this service isnt avaliable! AFTER taking all my personal details, my credit details, allsorts!

I am NOT HAPPY. AllI wanted to do was to view my credit report! How do I get my money refunded from Experian?

I have used both sites and not had a problem.. You do get the service unavailable message after a certain time of night but otherwise i have had no probs.

5th Jul 06 - Prelim sent to Halifax

20th Jul 06 - LBA sent (no response)

7th Aug 06 - Offer of £297 recieved. (declined offer)

10th Aug 06-revised date to submit moneyclaim (financial constraints prevented this action)

1st Sep 06 - Moneyclaim filed and issued

1st Sep 06 - recieved 2nd offer of £892 (after claim submitted)

5th Sept 06 - moneyclaim Acknowledged online

Guest ian cognito

Thanks for that but I hve tried numerous times during the day too, I will try again a few times and see what happens.

If I don't have any luck, think I'll put this one to the OFT bacause while we are all aware of dodgy websites taking money for nothing, I think these companies should be above that!

Oh! Thank goodness you posted this! I have had the same problem, but not with just Experian, but Equifax too!!!!!!!

I am unable to find a 'cancel subscription' for Experian, and i just coughed up 5.99 for it. Not a happy bunny!

Not only that, but with Equifax (who I tried after the problems with Experian) ask you lots of personal details about your debts, to verify who you are, and I answered them all, and it all went through ok, then they tell me this service isnt avaliable! AFTER taking all my personal details, my credit details, allsorts!

I am NOT HAPPY. AllI wanted to do was to view my credit report! How do I get my money refunded from Experian?

What are they telling you is "not available" If you mean your credit file that's rubbish. Demand it again (without giving the jobsworth on the other end of the phone your details AGAIN, your not asking for any details your giving them) Failing that tell them you will be sending them a SAR to include details of your latest communications with them, plus a DPA notice to cease using your data.

Guest ian cognito

Thanks for the info, this is an online service it's telling me that the service is temporarily unavailable - not my report. I have just tried again and still the same, may have to try within office hours but it will be Thursday before I can do that!

Thanks for the info, this is an online service it's telling me that the service is temporarily unavailable - not my report. I have just tried again and still the same, may have to try within office hours but it will be Thursday before I can do that!

There online service says it is unavailable if they are unable to verify your details or you forget your password 3 times or other anomolies, so give them a call tomorrow.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hiya - yep this happened to me. Could access it the first time when I registered but not after that. And they continuied to charge my card despaite me emailing them.

I complained and moaned etc. Got a refund.

And just to annoy them - I used the free service agin in a couple months this time I printed out a copy of my report for my records.

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Yup they aren't a lot better than the companies they serve & THESE people can affect all our lives...........Dam disgrace I say

The Regulator should put them to a much higher standard but doesn't. They let them get away with murder & I wonder why!

Like most of these companies they don't know anything, least of all all the legislation they are supposed to adhere to.

I am just about to take Experian through the small claims for refusing to correct mty credit file even though I've given them all the evidence. Its quite a serious data error too so I might just go for defamation too.

Guest ian cognito

Had an e-mail today saying they had cancelled my account and refunded my payment! i am now entitled to reregister for their free 1 month trial - result!!

• 1 year later...

Hi all just to confirm having spoken to customer services to cancel my membership that this site has been having teething problems :o 2 years worth it is also being updated.

As far as I am concerned their site was designed to rip people of, they have achieved this by making it very very difficult to navigate around and trapping people into the membership, I do IT for a living so know how to navigate around websites and it is only because of this that I could even find the login screen LOL or find out how to cancel. If you want to cancel contact them on 0800 6569000. There is also the credit score page at no point does it give you the option of unticking the pay a further £5.95 box on this page complete rip off site

If you send £2 by post and ask for a credit listing they do not get a chance to ask all sorts of questions, e.g. your emailid, what you had for breakfast. I suspect the online (allegedly for free) Experian report is a carot dangled in front of consumers, primarily to pry more personal info out of them.

Be assured the info anybody gives them will be encoded onto their database and kept there for goodness knows how long. Has anyone had experience of being sent harassment emails, after he or she innocently gavie his emailid to Experian/Equifax?

This reminds me of a story.

A criminal was on the run in USA and the police couldn't find him in the vastness of the continent. But they knew he was a keen Boy George fan, so the police advertised nationwide offering free tickets, to be sent to anyone who wanted to attend Boy George's concert in person. The fugitie took the bait, and was hooked and hauled in.

So do not respond to free tickets, or free Experian.

Boy George thought it was not complimentary to him that "4 out of 5 criminals like Boy George".

I subscribe to Experian, got the first month free, and continue to pay the £5,99 per month, never had any problems with using the service.

Although if trying to access the service between midnight and 01:00 then you get the error that the service is unavailable, other than that no problems at all...

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

Also don't respond to free surveys which offer a little bonus at the end

Also be very careful if completing an online application to borrow money especially if it's one that boasts they can get you a loan no matter what your credit record

Some of these firms/brokers are not what they appear to be...& you'll never get loan

I subscribe to Experian, got the first month free, and continue to pay the £5,99 per month, never had any problems with using the service.

Although if trying to access the service between midnight and 01:00 then you get the error that the service is unavailable, other than that no problems at all...

Then we must assume you ain't hiding from a creditor & haven't been put on their gone away (GAIN) regisiter for the DCA's to pick up

I didn't respond to an online advert or so, I searched Google for access to my credit record and found CREDITEXPERT.

Not hiding from anyone.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

• 8 months later...

I have been trying to cancel my membership for 2 weeks. Tried emailing and was told I had to call. So I telephoned the number given and I cannot get through at all. So I have told them it they do not cancel my account I will get a solicitor to do it for me. I have tried calling at different times on different days for the last 2 weeks and no one answers the telephone. The emails they send just keep giving me the same number so I am unable to cancel my account and they are going to keep taking £5.99 (or so they think)!!!

Abbey - £539 pending - !!!WON!!!

Halifax - £676 pending - stayed at court

2nd Claim with Halifax - £168 pending

Lloyds TSB - £780 (sisters) !!!WON!!! - Filed waste of costs order (on hold)

Barclays - Barclays filed crap defense - on hold

AND THE BANKS ARE STILL CHARGING!!!!!!!

How very dare you!!

I used Experian online about 2 years ago. I had a quick look round to see if anyone else was cheaper but decided to go ahead with the report. At the time, it was £5.99 to view my credit report and then there was a further report which was available for something like £8.00. I don't think I chose to do that.

I only wanted to view the report once and so no reason for me to carry on with my subscription.

I did have to phone the number that was online and speak to a rep - and they were willing enough to cancel the membership.

I had no issues with them. But as i said, it was roughly 2 years ago.