davey_weir

Mothercare cancelling my order-price mistake?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Yesterday after hearing about a bargain from Mothercare from my Baby Forum friends I ordered a carseat. It was £119 reduced to £9!!! Anything that was £110 off sounded good to me so I ordered it, I did wonder if it was a typo but then I noticed it had 92% off on the image (which I print screened thank god)

n6ur12.jpg

Now today I received this email.

Dear ......

Thank you for placing an order with Mothercare.

We regret that unfortunately we have had to cancel your order (details below) as the item(s) you requested are not currently available.

If you ordered online, by telephone or by mail order & paid by credit/debit card please note that your credit/debit card has not been charged for this order.

If you ordered by telephone or by mail order & paid by any other method we are currently processing a full cheque refund which will be posted to your billing address as soon as possible, please allow a maximum of ten working days for receipt.

If you placed your order instore for a full refund please visit any Mothercare store, taking with you your receipt and a copy of this e-mail. If this is not possible please write to us at the address below (enclosing your receipt and a copy of this e-mail), and we will arrange for a refund to be posted to your billing address.

Mothercare Customer Service Centre

Cherry Tree Road

Watford

Hertfordshire

WD24 6SH

ORDER DETAILS

Order number : 203-1250109-3045901

Date : 24-August-2010

Items :

1 of Concord Lift Evo PT Car Seat - Bamboo (Bamboo/Black), £9.00

Subtotal of Items : £9.00

Postage & Packing : £4.95

Promotional Certificates : - £4.95

-----------------------------------------------------------

Order total inc. of VAT : £9.00

What rights do I have, they obviously had them in stock when I ordered it, as after a few minutes they went out of stock (I went back to buy my friends son one) then next thing I know after hearing from a few other people who wanted them they where back up to £119, then went out of stock again!!!

A person who bought one of these seats, rang up this morning to be told it was a mistake & they would send her one out. The thing is I am not very good on the phone and would prefer to write a letter/email. They must not have sold out if they are willing to give someone one if she kicks up a fuss. Also if the price was a mistake, why did the image state 92% off.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance Amy-Lea (posting on my partners account)

Me v Barlcays Bank - Claim Stayed

Me v Jaguar Cars 1 - Won £1650

Me v Jaguar Cars 2 - Winning

Me v London Borough of Newham - Won, Warrant of Execution live

It is annoying when things like this happen, as it wastes people's time :(. Under law when you make a purchase online you make an offer for contract of sale (even if the money is taken). The contract is not finalized until the goods have been delivered to you so if you don't have the item legally your not entitled it. I have known companies honour mistakes but it does depend on how extreme the loss is. If you want to call them I would only state your interest in one of them and be very nice with them and see if they will let you have it. if you go on the phone all guns blazing you will 99% of the timel not get it unless the person you speak to has no concept of DSR. If you call them I wish you luck sounds like a bargain :p