Going bankrupt?? With no assests but lots of debts. advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there. I would be very grateful for a bit of advice on going Bankrupt!

This is all a bit new to me, I have an 8,000 CDL loan from barclays that I not yet defaulted on, I have £2000 overdraft with Barclays and the loverly capquest are chasing me for a £2000 Barclay card Debt from when I was a student.

I was made redundant at the begining of the month and in no position to make any payment to my credidtors. I have spoken to DMP about IVA but was told i would need to default on my cdl loan first.

Not sure about that, I have heard that going bankrupt for less than 20K is a bit less serious.

I dont own a house or car and am currently living with my Fiances parents.

Any advice or information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

LB

Who have you been hearing from, what they were refering to was a summary case where the bankruptcy was 2 rather than 3 years. This stopped being the case 6 years ago!.

As the above post states DRO's were recently introduced for people with low or no assets and debts less than £15,000

Thanks for you advise, I was just trying to understand my options. it seems going bankrupt is a step to far at this stage.

Cheers

L-B

Bankruptcy is often the best route for many people, what are the chances of you finding work within the next 6-12 months?

There is a good chance, I am actively looking for work. Im am unfamiliar with the bankruptsy proccress. Obviously having work will have a bearing on the bankrupsy and my ability to pay any any creditors but im not clear what the fiscal effect of that would be.

cheers liam.