Barclaycard Quotting CPR in reply to CCA Request

Cobra29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I sent a CCA request to Lowells last Sept and had a reply back saying that owing to the length of time that my account with Barclaycard had been open, that they were unable to supply me with a copy of the original agreement and therefore Lowells were closing my account.

Today, nearly a year later, I have received this letter from Barclaycard. All they have included is generic copies of terms and conditions and nothing resembling an agreement form and no prescribed terms or even my name and address.

My questions are, 1. What does all the bit about CPR mean? and 2. What should I do next?

Many thanks for all your help.

Bcard Page 1.doc

Bcard Page 2.doc

Edited by Cobra29

Hi Cob

It's a standard response, I can't read it because the scan is too small. The fact is that if the agreement has been 'varied', i.e. the interest rate has been increased since the account was opened then they have to provide the Original Agreement and terms and conditions for that variation. Carey v HSBC (2009)

http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup.cgi?doc=/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2009/3417.html

Hi Cob

If you've sent them an account in dispute letter, then I would leave it at that. There are letters you can send them, but it's just paper 'tennis'. If they take you to court it Is my belief that they will need to produce the original agreement. No doubt others will confirm.

If you've got any penalty charges or if you've been mis-sold PPI then claim it back with interest. You can go back at least 6 years.

You should send Barclays a SAR to get ALL the info they hold on you, this will show you how much they have added on as charges.

Be specific and demand they send the original executed agreement, ( we know they dont have it), they will have to inform you that they dont have it.

The SAR request is in the templates section, amend it to suit your needs