Can't get into car!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am hoping that one of our resident experts can help...

I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Never had any problems with it. It's been standing for about a week and when I went to get into it, I couldn't open the doors, either with the remote, or the key. The key turns normally in the lock. I suspect that the battery may be flat (no alarm indicator), but have no idea why.

How can I get into the car to open the bonnet and do the necessary?

strange?

the key should manually open the door lock of the drivers door even without power..

try the boot lock thats manual too.

are you sure its the right key?

it might work the ignition but if the barrel has been changed it wont do the doors.

had it from new?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok

i assume that the key in the lock made the central locking work and thus unlock it.

it might be the machanical arm linkage is dropped off or is stuck.

quite common.

nobody ever realises it until they get a flat battery!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

my wife has a Grand Cherokee and this same problem has happened to us . . . you can still open the door with the key, normally the alarm would go off as you haven't deactivated it, however due to the flat battery that won't happen . . . it's also a pain to disconnect the battery as it has 2 larger than life long screws which hold it down in position :!: . . . fortunately i have off road parking and trailed my extension cable to the car battery charger . . . remember if you do this. ensure you disconnect the red and black contacts from the car, heard it damages something :confused: . . . once the battery is charged you will be able to use the remote to lock and unlock . . . if it happens again after a week, get a new battery :-)

I have a GC and have also experienced the totally flat battery syndrome.

The initial attempt at unlocking remotely does not work - the car remains locked and the interior lights do not come on.

It does allow me to unlock the drivers door (only) with the key.

That's how it is supposed to work. If yours isn't, then I guess that you will need AA/RAC or a locksmith to get the door open.

Otherwise, it may be possible to reach up from underneath the car to release the bonnet at the catch.