CCJ from 2003 - Dont know what to do!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2002 I had a mobile phone with PHONES4U, I lost my job and was unable to pay my bill, I kept getting letters from PHONES4U about non-payment of my bill that was 700 pounds..I had so many other bills I couldnt manage to pay them all off..PHONES4U stopped contacting me after 5 months.

In July 2003 I received a Notice from Northampton County Court saying that I had been sued for 700 pounds and that I need to make arrangements to pay my debt. I was still out of work and on unemployment. I didnt hear any more about it and to be honest I forgotten about it until 2008 when I ordered my Credit report, the only bad thing on it was My CCJ

I contacted the Northampton County Court to find out where I needed to pay my debt to. They gave me the phone number for Brian Carter & Sons Solicitors. I called them to find that they No longer held my account. The guy on the phone gave me a phone number for a Company I am sure he said was Linkgroup? The number is 01256799870, when I called it there was no answer and no way of leaving a message and I could not find the company listed anywhere..smiley5.gif

So I called the court back and explained the situation..they told me to pay it to PHONES4U.

So I called PHONES4U and they told me I couldn't pay it to them its out of their hands but they couldn't tell me which company to pay it to either...SO apparently NOBODY..wants my money and I am not allowed to pay it to the court..yet I have to pay it off before I can get the CCJ satisfied.I understand it has most likely dropped off my Credit Report by now as its been 6 years since the claim was entered on the Claims Register and I cant find my name on the register either ..So I am in a NOW WHAT situation...

Anyone heard of Link Group? or the phone number I was given??

I've heard of the Link Group, but don't know much about them. A satisfied CCJ drops off your record after six years, but in your situation, I really don't know! My suggestion would be to put what you've said here in writing to the court that made the judgement. That way, they know you are willing to pay. They should then be able to say whether the judgement still stands, who the money should be paid to and give you the details - or if it would have to be brought back before the court again to be reassessed - unlikely if no one seems to want to claim the debt!

Bear in mind though, that you may want advice from other CAGers first - it may be that contacting the court opens a whole new can of worms...

Good luck!

/QUOTE]

The CCJ will now be dead if the successful claimant did not go back to the court to get the CCJ refreshed before the 6 years were up.

So the CCJ should no longer be on any record.

I think you have escaped that one. You might get someone chasing the debt at some point, but if they do then you just need to send them the statute barred letter. If they mention the CCJ, just tell them it is no longer valid as the claimant did not go back to the court before the 6 years were up, so the CCJ is no longer valid.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your replies. I now live in Canada and not likely to return back to the UK to live in the near future..so my best course of action would be to do nothing? I have not been contacted since 2004 by either Fredrickson International or Bryan Carter & Sons

Yes thats right do nothing. The CCJ not being renewed by the claimant by request to the court, means they cannot collect or note any records.

I doubt you will hear any more about this, as anyone who has touched this debt, will know it is dead. There are millions of debts in the system, so the debt companies tend to stick to easy targets.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

CCJs cannot become SB'd.

I didn't say that they could become statute barred. The CCJ's lapse after 6 years if the claimant has not obtained payment and the claimant has to go back to court before the 6 years is up to get the judgement renewed.

Perhaps I should not have mentioned the statute barred letter in a previous post. It is just that the CCJ is no longer valid.

Again I did NOT say that the limmitation act had any bearing on a CCJ. A CCJ is only valid for 6 years at a time. If the claimant wants to extend the judgment beyond 6 years because they have not received payment before the 6 years was up, they need to ask the court to renew the order.