Help Needed With Overdraft Default.

smokestack71

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received my SAR today.

Two letters relating to the Overdraft.

The first is a Banking Facilities withdrawn (due to Overdrawn State of Account) dated 16/10/2008

The second is a Termination Notice issued in accordance with Section 76(1) and 98 (1) of the CCA 1974

Defaults registered with all three CRAs on 28/10/08

(both letters sent to my Dad's address, not mine, however Barclays wont accept this, despite the outstanding Debt being settled with the Debt Recovery company as soon a I found out)

Can I get the default removed? The SAR shows there was no Default Notice sent. I'm sorry if I seem confused. :confused:

Hi Smokey,

Can I ask why the letters were sent to YD's address.

Did all your banking stuff get sent there or was this an error on the bank's part.

The SAR shows there was no Default Notice sent.
How is this shown by the SAR. Or are you saying they've failed to enclose a DN therefore didn't issue one.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Having spoken to the bank, when I moved and changed address, they didn't update the files. On the SAR the change of address call is listed in the telephone calls, however as the details aren't listed they're refusing to accept I didn't change it to my dads address. They've got the address from the company account my dad and I had at the time, I'm almost certain of this. The DCA contacted me at the correct address and this was the first I even knew about the overdrawn state of the account. I paid the balance immediately.

The SAR shows a termination notice only. No default notice.

:-/

So up until the DCA contacted you, what address was the bank using - your old address or YD's.

Where were your bank statements sent each month.

:)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

for a month to my old address, and then for three months to my Dad's (we don't really speak). It was a strange time (my little boy was being born) and I was moving back, so I just didn't notice I wasnt getting statements.

They definately haven't sent a default notice, just a termination notice.:confused:

Hi Smokey,

As this was a bank a/c and not a credit card a/c, I'm not sure if they had to send you a DN. Even if they had, you wouldn't have got it at the old address or at your dad's, which is where I assume the Termination Notice went.

So it sounds to me like your CRA records will show no DN as such, but arrears on the a/c which is factually correct. The CRA records should also show that the debt was settled in full. If this is so, I don't think the CRA entries are too damaging to your history.

As you didn't notify them in writing about your new address, you have no hard evidence that this is the bank's error. You could continue to argue the point with the bank but, without evidence that they messed up and sent stuff to the wrong address, I doubt you'll get far.

Make sure you check the CRA entries show any arrears or debt as settled in full.