Help needed with eviction/repossesion.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Apologies for the minimal information, but I won't know more until Saturday when we see my uncle.

Basically we had a falling out with most of the family, and havent spoken to them in years until an out of the blue call today. They all live in Scotland, except for an uncle who live in norfolk. From what I have gathered, he has been evicted last Thursday by court baliffs, on behalf of Egg. This is due to not paying his mortgatge for a while. We have been told that we can come and reclaim some possesions of his on Saturday(hence why I have now been called, as they are all old women, and they need my help).

My uncle has been suffering from some form of undiagnosed dementia for nearly 2 years, and he is currently in housing for vunerable people, due to the nature of his problems. The rest of the family have let it slide to this state now.

What can be done?

Is there any hope of geting his house back for him? Money is available to help in the matter, he was obviously not able to look after himself, which is in evidence by a number of problems with his memory and behavoir.

The court balliffs are there on Saturday to supervise us, are there items they are legally not allowed to stop us taking? Is there a list etc?

Thanks in advance.