My postman NEVER delivers parcels, he simply puts a card through my letter box!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This happens all the time, it then means I have to wait 24 hours and visit the sorting office which is on the other side of town from me; this could take over an hour!

No doubt there will be some little-known rule that states that this is totally allowed but I was wondering if you guys would share your opinions?

Thanks!

What you need to do is write a letter of complaint to the Head Postmaster of the Delivery Office, and copy in your local MP and Trading Standards, they are SUPPOSED to try one delivery before leaving a card. You can also complain on the Post Office website but don't hold your breath for a reply. What you need to do is keep complaining every time it happens, and get other people to complain too.

I am lucky where I live, one neighbour is in all day and takes in parcels and one post office is a five minute walk from the house, if it is a Parcelfarce parcel and ends up at the depot it is a nightmare as that is in the middle of nowhere... without a car you don't stand a chance of getting something, other than have a day off to have the parcel redelivered - very conveniently the Parcelfarce depot refuses to redeliver to work, although the local post office has done so!

It probably helps that I am mates with the Deputy Head Postmaster of my area too!

You need to define 'Parcels'. If something sent by their parcel service (Parcelforce) then it has nothing to do with the postman, and he never gets to see it. If you mean 'postal packets' sent by 1st or 2nd class mail, then the postman is responsible for this, but many never even try delivery because of the bulk and inconvenience of having to carry it back if there is no reply. Doesn't excuse it, but all you can do is complain and hope the postman is advised to deliver your items in future.

This happens all the time, it then means I have to wait 24 hours and visit the sorting office which is on the other side of town from me; this could take over an hour!

No doubt there will be some little-known rule that states that this is totally allowed but I was wondering if you guys would share your opinions?

Thanks!

How do you know? Are you in when the card comes through the door? Does it say 'we tried to deliver....'. I caught one doing this recently. Royal mail postie, walks up my path with the card already filled out and I open the door to meet him. He didn't know where to look. I asked him 'what parcel'. He then claimed he had already put it back in the van. I asked him if he wanted to see the CCTV footage from that camera (pointing at it). He scurried off and came back an hour later with the parcel.

How do you know? Are you in when the card comes through the door? Does it say 'we tried to deliver....'. I caught one doing this recently. Royal mail postie, walks up my path with the card already filled out and I open the door to meet him. He didn't know where to look. I asked him 'what parcel'. He then claimed he had already put it back in the van. I asked him if he wanted to see the CCTV footage from that camera (pointing at it). He scurried off and came back an hour later with the parcel.

Yeah, I've been in on three occasions. I'm going to write and complain this week!