will i b chased back home for not paying my fone bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have orange contract for 18 months htc desire have been paying regular for 3 months since i started but suddenly have to go home(india) cos i cant find a good job. due to family pressure i had to resign and my manager has no intention of paying me for little work and cant afford to pay my bill now. i still have 1 more yr work visa and i may want to come back to uk in future. i tried to transfer it to a friend but the friend denied at the last moment now cant pay cant transfer. wat do i do? wat problems will i have if i want to come back again?

If they know your address in India they may send threatening letters... that's about all they can do. Other than that they may continue to send letters to your last known address in the UK.. it is even possible that they may obtain a CCJ using your UK address, but this can be set aside if they do because it is not legal to obtain a CCJ against a non UK resident.

They will not close the case as such because a debt is normally still enforceable for six years from when the last payment was made. If no payment or written acknowledgement of the debt is made for six years it becomes Statute Barred and cannot be enforced.