Daniel182

Help Please! - Creation Consumer Finance Addingfees To Outstanding Debt Balance

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3612 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

I'm writing on behalf of a friend who purchased a suite from a furniture company. He went through their finance option, where he has to pay so much a week or month via direct debit.

I'm going to pay off the debt, but looking through letters from the finance company "Creation Consumer Finance Ltd Belfast" i see they have added fees due to payment problems, so i would like some advice before i make payment.

Are these fees legal, and will i have to pay them?

One arrears letter states they have charged an administration fee of £25.00 for sending a letter.

Another arrears letter states due to the failure of the Direct Debt commitment, they have charged a further £30.00 administration fee.

Thank you for your time. .

Edited by Daniel182

What kind of debt is it? Credit card, loan etc?

]

HI

Thanks for reply?

My friend went through their finance option, where he has to pay so much a week or month via direct debit.

Thanks

Edited by Daniel182

Daniel182,

You need to find the credit agreement. The old Open+Direct (Which is the previous name for creation) only allowed the company to charge 'the reasonable cost' of letters.

So your steps are to find a copy of the agreement.

Check what the terms allow If it is 'reasonable cost' then write to Creation asking them to breakdown the cost in light of the OFT's report that any charge over £12 is unreasonable.

HTH

Dad

Sorry for the late thanks

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.