Tax credits helpline - call charges

bagpussruth

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone else having issues with them at the moment? I had one charge of circs which took place round about renewal time ( I renewed mine months ago so renewal wasn't the issue). I made 74 calls to them, each time either getting the message that they were too busy (and being charged for it) or getting through to the options menu - listening to the waffle, pressing the options, then again being cut off saying they were too busy(also being charged for the pleasure). Just for that one change alone my bill came to £15+ on my home phone.

Again I've had another change to my childcare - same issues today - tried in the morning, my lunchtime and for an hour when I got home from work until the line closed at 8pm! I know I'll get through eventually and get it resolved, but what makes me mad is the fact they charge you when you haven't even got through to hold in a que. Why can' t they set their phones up so their lines just ring as engaged if no-one is free?! I work for a gov organisation and this is what our phones so when we are busy.

Obviously I'll be writing a letter of complaint, and will bring it up with their probably very stressed call handlers when I eventually get through. I've written a letter to my MP, and I'm also going to try and claim my call charges back. I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions about what else I can do? I know it's a bad time to be updating them with changes due to renewals, but it makes me mad as I did my renewal in good time months ago and this is a totally different issue!

Well well well. ditto I decide to write a letter regarding "Change of Circumstances" as I had to do the same a months previously and your issues are identical.

The service is a shambles and I even tried 07:58 in the Morning and 19:58 in the Evening same result.

Please update forum regarding letter of complaint and incurred telephone costs..

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)

Tried their number for abroad callers only and got straight through - told them if they wouldnt deal with me I'd keep calling until they put me through to a manager. Got my award updated and sorted out. Will send them my phone bill to the complaints department to see if I can get a refund.

The number I used: 01355 359007