Halifax Credit Card Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone help, on the following:

Last week I ran my credit report and found that there is a default on there for my Halifax Credit Card. This account I originally fell into arrears in 2002/2003 so decided to go through a debt managment company to pay back the debt. I joined the debt management company in 2003, on my current credit report this default it showing as it first defaulted in May 2005. Does it take 2 years for a default to appear on my credit file. I have spoken with Blair Oliver & Scott and they took over the debt in may 2005 from the Halifax. I have explained the situation and they just refer me back to halifax and halifax refer me back to Blair Oliver & Scott. I'm 100% sure this should of defaulted sooner than 2005, also what I find more weird I ran my credit report in Sept 09 and this default is not showing...... what can I do to resolve this, as neither company is taking ownership.:confused::confused:

Hi Bozzie,

Do you remember ever receiving a default notice or a letter advising that a default would be registered?

For your information, Halifax and Blair Oliver Scott are one and the same Bank of Scotland

Edited by Dotty50

You could send a SAR and the logs should reveal when it was registered (or should have been) and if a DN or NOD was sent to you.

Whether you could get it removed, if it was incorrectly registered, is a different matter.

You could send a SAR and the logs should reveal when it was registered (or should have been) and if a DN or NOD was sent to you.

Whether you could get it removed, if it was incorrectly registered, is a different matter.

Thanks Dotty

Not sure if i should awaken a sleeping beast so to speak. I deafulted in 2005 ( I think, as there are a few dates on my credit report) and it should drop of next year anyway.

Edited by MountainGoat