Northwick Park Disabled Parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took my mum to St Marks at Northwick Park Hospital, she can hardly walk and I also can only walk for about 100m without pain. There were no disabled bays available so I parked as close as I could to the door, put my disabled badge on the dash board and took mum in for her appointment. I was gone about 30 minutes as I was leaving her for a few hours. I got in my car and drove away. It started to rain and I went to turn on my wipers only to find a small yellow parking ticket hidden under the wiper. I was fined for parking with a blue badge outside a bay!!!! I was gobsmacked as There had been no signs on entering or leaving the car park that this would happen. I rang the parking number and this rude man told me that it was tough I had to pay as I should have been in a disabled bay! He wouldnt listen so I ended the call. When I went to get mum I found a bay free so was ok. I found the so called signs on the parking machine which I didnt go to becasue I had the blue badge. I found some old posts from last year on this site so wonder if I am going to have to pay a very unjust fine or can I do something else? I tried to contact the PALS office but they have ignored my message, I have sent a complaint today to the hospital but cannot believe that this has happened. My poor mum got some very bad news after ths appointment from her consultant and this really tops a bad week off.

This is a private car-park so you can safely ignore the Ticket. Also the blue-badge scheme does not apply in private car-parks so they cannot "penalise" you for breaking a non-existent rule.

Here is a similar thread on the same subject.

Edited by DBC

Hi kilb44,

As you have been told by others, it is highly likely that the ticket is unenforceable.

However, I believe from what you've told us, that you may have grounds yourself to pursue a complaint of unlawful disability discrimination against the hospital/parking firm, for failing to make reasonable adjustments on account of your/your mums disabilities.

If you want more information on this, feel free to open a thread in the Disability forum on this webite, where I can respond fully.

SV

If I've been helpful, please add to my rep. :)