• Tweets

• An update:  Letter dated 17th May 2022   Reference:  Parking Charge Notice - xxxx   Dear Sir/Madam   We are writing in relation to the Parking Charge incurred on 4 August 2020 at 15.08 at Asda Clapham car park.     We would like to confirm that this charge has now been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due.   Yours faithfully   Parkingeye Team   So it worked your letter from Zimbabwe - see below:   TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN   DCBL REFERENCE NO.  INCIDENT DATE:  4th August 2020 PARKING CHARGE NOTICE NO:  VEHICLE REGISTRATION xxxxxxxx   Please note the car with Registration xxxxxxx was scrapped  and taken off the road in August 2020 when I left the country.   My brother rented the flat:  xxxxx, Battersea, London xxxxx for 2020 but has since moved to a new address.  The address you have used in Battersea, is not my address and no family member lives at that address.  It has been tenanted to someone I do not know.  Please only contact me at my Zimbabwe address, where I have been living for the last two years.   It has taken 3 months for me to receive a Final Reminder from DCLB due to the fact they sent the Final Reminder to the wrong address.   I have written to the CEO of ASDA explaining that I forgot to collect my free parking ticket whilst shopping at ASDA and that I am a loyal customer.     I do not intend to pay your charge as you are already charging over the new code of practice issued by parliament, which states you can charge £100 only otherwise any amount over that is considered a “rip off”. You are supposed to observe the law according to your agreement with BPA, furthermore it is likely you have not applied for planning permission with is also defined in the new CoP.   I suggest you drop this unnecessary case.   Please note that I live in Zimbabwe and any letters addressed to Battersea will no doubt be binned.  If you want to continue to pursue this case, then you will have to contact me at my address in Zimbabwe, but I warn you letters do take a rather lengthy time on occasion.   I look forward to hearing from you regarding the above appeal.   Yours sincerely      
    • I have done but it mentions computer typing and I don’t have one or access to one so if Its handwritten do I have to sign it or still just print my name the same 
    • My second son (not the 3rd one we have helped in the past!) was having a stag do and parked at the Saunton Sands hotel for roughly 2 hours to get to the beach.  They went through the hotel but have no proof of any purchase, even though they argued this in their appeal.  The appeal was rejected and then he went to Zimbabwe for a period of time as he has been suffering from severe anxiety.  He needed to come home and be treated.  He arrived back in the UK 10 days ago and received a "Letter Before Claim" from CST Law on 11th May 2022.   The total outstanding is £170.  Can you make any recommendations?   Smart Parking Charge Notice was dated 3 July 2021 Location:  Saunton Sands Hotel, Braunton   The Parking Charge Notice:   "Smart Parking Ltd have the right to seek payment of the parking charge for unauthorised parking of the vehicle on the land on the relevant date as owner of the land, on the basis of a contractual right to occupy or to have possession of the land, or acting as agent of the landowner.   A Parking Charge Notice (PCN) is payable with respect to the vehicle registration mark ...... for the alleged breach of advertised terms and conditions within Saunton Sands Hotel, Braunton on 3/7/21.   The signage, which is clearly displayed at he entrance to and throughout the car park, states that this is private land and the car park is managed by Smart Parking Ltd.   A Parking charge Notice of £100 is now due for payment and must b e paid before the end of the 28 days from with the date of the notice.  If the parking charge notice is paid before 28 Jul 2021the amount of the parking charge notice will be reduced to £60.  If you were not the driver of the vehicle and you wish to provide the driver details, lodge a dispute appeal or query this must be made on line or in writing.  Please follow the instructions overleaf.   Following the landmark Supreme Court ruling of Parking Eye v Beavis, it has now been established that a Parking Charge Notice issued on Private Land is enforceable.  The Court rejected claims that such charges are extravagant, exorbitant or unconscionable and advised that such charges Acta necessary deterrent of breach of contract.  A full copy of the Supreme Court Judgement can be found on line at https://wwwlsupremecourt.uk/cases/docs/uksc-2013-0280-judgement.pdf.  If you feel you have sufficient grounds to appeal this notice you will find full details of the appeals process overleaf.  If you pay the PCN you are therefore accepting full liability for the charge, and are no longer eligible to appeal this notice. Yours  Smart Parking Limited  
    • Purchased a corner unit sette a LazyBoy brand from Scs in horwich for 5 thousand pound.  Yet on Scs website much cheaper. Furthermore salesman told me made in usa.  I discovered sette are made in far east, with massive complaints from review websites nearly all claiming that qualitu doesnt match Scs showroom quality. Have not yet had sette delivered but told by Scs i will lose 25% if I cancelled now before delivery date. I just want Full refund and not to lose 1250 pounds from my 25% loss for cancelling. I hope any advive can help.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Council Tax Benefit Court Costs

sushi-lover

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All.

I wondered if anyone had the answer to my problem

Last August I won my HB and CTB Appeal after a 3 year fight. During that time the local Authority threw a fraud accusation at me in that I hadnt filled in my previous claim form correctly. Apparently because I didnt declare a bank account with 43p in it made the whole claim fraudulant.

I was made to pay back the HB and was taken to court for the CTB. incurring costs naturally

However the Judge at the Tribunal and the DWP supported me and the whole fraud thing was thrown out and I was judged to be in receipt of IS which passported the HB and CTB

I am recieving my benefit in dribs and drabs but have discovered that I am still expected to pay for the costs even though the local authority were wrong to take me to court in the first place

Can I demand they drop this? surely as it was their mistake I shouldnt have to pay.

Thanx in advance

Did the court order that you pay the local authority's costs?

If not, write a letter asking them what grounds they have to insist you pay the costs.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Hi Erika

The Tribunal made no order for me to pay the costs. They awarded me my HB and CTB for the period on the grounds that my IS was a valid claim.

It was one of the things the Council did during the run up to the final hearing (they did many) I feel to make me drop my appeal. They made me homeless, refused to house me, etc etc too many too mention in this thread

I feel that as there was no overpayment, they shouldnt have taken me to court so I shouldnt have to pay for costs as it was their error.

Not the tribunal - the court. You say you were taken to court over the Council Tax Benefit. Did the court award costs against you?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Sorry Erika all I know at present is that the court costs were £95

The Local Authority have repaid me what they took each week from my IS because there was no overpayment, but not the court costs

The overpayment was what they used in their defense in the appeal to discredit me.