uncle ben

Westcott Credit

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3635 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My neighbour received a phone call from the above agency trying to trace persons residing at another neighbours address. The male caller asked if my neighbour knew if certain named persons lived there and seem to have lots of personal information that was fed to my neighbour. My first question is, surely this is a beach of confidentiality and possibly privacy to furnish another party with info even if by way of questions?

Secondly, the male didnt state who he was other than by first name and when questioned by the neighbour said he had personal business with these neighbours and left a phone number in case the neighbour wished to call back with info. My neighbour was concerned and came to me for advise but I am as puzzled as he was as to this persons approach. Is this type of approach legal?

Depends what was said in the phone call. Normally they just say it is a personal matter but if they went into detail about why they wanted this person then that is naughty and should be reported

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Too late now, but a bit of advice to anyone calls such as this would, in my opinion be 'This is my telephone, and I do not wish to discuss anyone else's business, please do not call again'.

Not a very nice tactic, but one used frequently I am afraid to say.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.