Westcott Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My neighbour received a phone call from the above agency trying to trace persons residing at another neighbours address. The male caller asked if my neighbour knew if certain named persons lived there and seem to have lots of personal information that was fed to my neighbour. My first question is, surely this is a beach of confidentiality and possibly privacy to furnish another party with info even if by way of questions?

Secondly, the male didnt state who he was other than by first name and when questioned by the neighbour said he had personal business with these neighbours and left a phone number in case the neighbour wished to call back with info. My neighbour was concerned and came to me for advise but I am as puzzled as he was as to this persons approach. Is this type of approach legal?

Depends what was said in the phone call. Normally they just say it is a personal matter but if they went into detail about why they wanted this person then that is naughty and should be reported

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE