Welcome Finance

Craigc2115
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any help would be very much appreciated.

i bought a car with welcome finance for £7995 nearly 3 years ago.i have paid £130 per month since then.i called them for a settlement figure and its £8300 how does that one work??? they told me i have a 10 year agreement!! i didnt sign for a 10 year agreement...the car will have probably blown up in no more than 2 years.do i have a leg to stand on with this? and can i get legal aid to pursue this matter further?? i really wish i hadn't gone with these registered con artists. many thanx craig

Hi, Hope someone can help me with my situation...

I bought a car for £7995 14/2/2008 the repayments where £291.78 per month over 48 months, with a rediculous 32.4% apr. after making 4 payments i asked them to look at the agreement to see if they could get the payments down.so they dropped the interest to 12% and payments down to £129.80 little did i know that they had changed the term to 120 months! i asked for a settlement figure earlier, and they told me it was £8300. i didnt pay that 3 years ago and ive never missed a payment.the cars probably worth half of that, and im in serious negative equity.is ther anything i can do?? i really dont know where to start.my car will explode before this agreement is even half way through. hope some one can help me! :)

Edited by Craigc2115

they rushed us through because we wer the last job of the day.i didnt check as they didnt advise me that this was happening.all they told me is that they have reduced the payments and the interest.stupid of me not to check, but they are suppose to be financial advisers and to be clear on what they are letting you in for.in total i would pay 15k. i jus dont understand the maths.

they rushed us through because we wer the last job of the day.i didnt check as they didnt advise me that this was happening.all they told me is that they have reduced the payments and the interest.stupid of me not to check, but they are suppose to be financial advisers and to be clear on what they are letting you in for.in total i would pay 15k. i jus dont understand the maths.

when did this rushed modifying agreement take place.

cab

do you have the copies? could you scan them in get rid of all personal markers (name address car reg etc) and post it here for us to see?

As for putting it to 10yrs thats exactly what they did with us but we never had a copy of the agreement until we asked for it and had no idea what was on it until we got the copy approx 6 months later :( it was basically a case of sign here now get out after forcing us to go and sign within the hour or they were coming for the car, little did I know at the time theres alot more to it than that!!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

have requested both your threads be merged into one to make it easier to follow and advise :)

• Haha 1

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Two threads merged.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

cant read postage stamps........

scan your agreement

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

browse to your pdf file and upload it

hit close this windows at the bottom below upload it box

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...