Haven

BPO Collections.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3644 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Have been recieving lettersfrom BPO collections regarding a debt to 3 broadband, have twice asked them to provide proof which they have ignored. I recently complained to the Credit Services Association who have contacted BPO who have now decided to contact me (via email nothing in writing) in regards to providing proof. They have asked me to pay £5 for a statement of account. My concern is that if i pay anything to them they will use this against me by saying i have paid £5 and therefore have acknowledged the debt or is this just normal procedure as really i dont see why i should pay them anything to provide me with proof of a debt which i dont acknowledge. Any advice very welcome.

you do not pay them anything, if needed you send a sar with a £10 postal order to the original creditor

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Where you say they have yet to provide anything at all in writing, other than the email you mention. I believe that constitutes "in writing" these days so long as they're able to prove you received it.

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

depends if they requested a read receipt

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

There was nothing on the email to suggest a "read reciept". I would have thought any decent and i use that term loosely DCA would back up correspondence in writing as emails do have a habit of being lost in cyberspace. I dont know if to ignore the email and wait for them to contact me by mail or to respond but not sure how to respond. Surely i shouldnt be expected to pay them to provide proof that i owe them any money surely that proof should have been handed over with any debt that they are collecting. They have had over 30days to provide proof and nothing has been forthcoming.

Trouble is, they cannot 'prove' delivery of normal mail either, which is how they get away with ' we have written to you on several occasions' etc. when no letters have been forthcoming, so unless our posties are collecting DCA letters, then they never sent them either!!

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.