shop direct bang out of order...... help ! X

littleoldme

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi. we have 3 accounts very/additions/littlewoods.

none of them are particularly high balances.

we were doin ok at paying the minumum each month.

occasionally we couldnt make a payment on due date so incurred £12 charges which i did manage to claw back after complaining that they are unjust and not fair.

we both work but work dried up for my partner ( a plasterer) so we have been struggling with the whole payin of bills situation.

we missed the payment dates then got a letter from arrrears collectection dept telling we had UNTIL THE 14th of august to make the arrears payment to avoid charges been applied of £12.then my partner got a call on 3rd august from ACD demanding payment saying if he didnt arrange to pay there and then he would get charged, he told them of the letters received but they said they meant nothing. he told them he would not be bullied into something that was clearly contradicting the corresepondence. the next day he got another call about the same thing. again he stated he had the letters with payment instructions and would not be bullied. the lad was rude and totally obnoxious. my partner said a few things in retaliation as he was by this stage furious with shop direct and their underhand tactics. my partner told "kevin" not to call him again and hung up. kevin rang straight back and continued harrasiing us. then he hung up on my partner and he received 3 silent phone calls straight after from a witheld number.

i checked our accounts and was angry to see that we had indeed bin charged.! so i made a formal complaint to shop direct explaining the whole thing. they have written back tellin my parnter off for the way he spoke to kevin and we are not allowed the charges back and that even though we WERE sent a letter with instructions we should have paid the arrears regardless and we apparently refused on many occasions to make a payment arrangement.! they rang my parnter again and cornered him into making an arrangment that we can nither afford nor on principle should we have been bullied into !

they say they are holding all charges bla bla. but what about those they have already added ..?? and what about how we have been treated. basically if you have arrears they send u a letter but u should ignore it totally and wen they ring to demand payment u should pay up or be charged. the charges are unjust in the first place but totally unfair when added because we didnt roll over when they told us to? we are so angry about this situation. basically they state that what they say is final and if we dont agree to got to FOD. what happend to customer care and consideration? i am angry just writing this. can someone help please before we go mad.? :?:evil::( thanks

:oops:customer is alwaze rite...... :p:confused:

Please can someone help me with this..... the cheeky arrogant idiots have now added MORE CHARGES AFTER they sed they wouldnt add any more. and what is worse they hav charged £12 PER harrassing phone call that they made to ME? ?>???? so this is how they make their money !!! TOTALY UNFAIR and UNJUST charges..... ! PLEASE HELP ! dont no where to start other than a very strong letter in response to the unresolved complaint and a demand for the charges bak !! how dare they RING wen they have no need to and then charge us for the grief.... ! ahhhhh !!!

Calm down dear, its only shop direct as an actor would say in an advert, lol

How old are these accounts? I would be asking Shop Direct for a copy of the CCA I signed as this shows whether they hold it and if the debt is legally recoverable. If they dont have a copy, your negotiating position is so much stronger. :smile:

Send the CCA letter unsigned with £1 postal order by recorded delivery. Keep all receipts.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?20758-Creditors-and-DCAs-Letter-Templates-Budget-Planner&p=162367&viewfull=1#post162367

I would also send the telephone harassment letter asking them to stop ringing you. If they do ring, refuse to go through the security questions and just keep saying everything in writing - its your phone and you can choose who to speak to.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?131250-Dca-Creditor-Harassment-By-Telephone-Letter

This is a battle many have won so just ask at every step - you'll get loads of help :smile:

Edited by mkb

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Tradinglink3.gif Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

They have working 12 days from receipt of letter to comply. Failure to do so within the allowed time means you send a dispute letter and they MUST cease all collection activities until they comply with your request. This is why it is essential you can show exactly when they received your letter.

Online agreements can be legal but it is still worth sending to see if they have retained a copy.

You could also send a SAR to identify all charges etc but this costs £10 so I would be inclined to do the cheaper option first.

Have a look round the forum and read what others have found in their wranglings with shop direct - you'll quickly see you're not alone.

i had a quick look... theres sooo much... am gunna do that wot u suggested... tie em in nots if i can ,lol ! and i WILL get all charges back . they won beat us .. lol !

• 3 weeks later...

they charge £12 per letter and per call and even though a payment plan was NOT agrreed but did it to shut them up... ( they promised a freeze on ALL charges and interest) we are still getting the lot ! so they havent had a penny ...! not on my nelly will we be bullied....! grrrrnesss