Robinson Way/Barclaycard, what should I do next?

Guest Cartaphilus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Cartaphilus

Received letter from Robinson Way regarding Barclaycard debt ... blah de blah 'our client' etc.

Some history:

1) Some time ago, Barclaycard was CCAd directly, they didn't supply a credit agreement, they supplied what I was told at the time was a pre-application form.

2) Letters went to and fro, Barclaycard said 'oh, yes it is' and used their standard 'trick' of sending current terms and conditions claiming they had provided my agreement.

3) Months went by, much letters and threats from Mercers/Calders ...

4) Finally, after a while of hearing nothing from the above two in house outfits, now had this RW letter.

I didn't put the account into dispute with Barclaycard at the time, this was mostly because I was given misleading information by a debt counsellor who informed me that if they couldn't provide what I asked for then the account would automatically go into 'dispute' ... from what I know now that isn't strictly correct (?).

So, now RW has got the debt, 'on behalf' of according to the letter do I

a) Just start again with them and CCA RW?

or

b) Send them the account in dispute letter stating that I haven't received what I requested therefore BC shouldn't also be passing this debt to DCAs?

I am asking so I don't get anything wrong.

Thank you in advance of any replies and much needed help.

send account in dispute letter to Barclaycard, say this is the 2nd time you have put the account in dispute..............send letter to RW that you are amazed that the account has been passed to them whilst the account is in dispute they must be aware this must NOT happen ,OFT guidelines..................should slow them down................FS