I need advice on injectors type for ford mondeo please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

I would like some advice please, I have a ford mondeo 2.0 TDCI Zetec from 2002. A while back the glow plug light started flashing the car runs abit lumpy but still drives ok, I took it to the garage and they tested the injectors and 2 of them are bad.

I have been looking for delphi injectors because can not afford ford parts but but I have noticed that the delphi injector codes do vary within ford mondeos.

I have found some on ebay where I get warranty of 6 months the code of the injectors are EJDR00701D.

I rang the garage and they said that I need to match against my existent injectors but the ones and could not say for sure.

MONDEO MK3 TDCI DELPHI DIESEL FUEL INJECTOR, PART NUMBERS: 6S7Q-9K546-AA, EJDR00701D

I am aware that i have to re-code the injectors to ecu I actually mean the part number of the injector, do you guys think that this injector would fit my car?

Also do you guys have had good experiences with delphi injectors?

Cheers,

Pedro

I must admit I am bit uncertain of buying this on ebay but as it is a business seller with garage and is giving warranty (only 6 months tho) I am feeling tempted, I heard of places that they recon injectors to the manufactor delphi spec prob safer that route as they give 12 months warranty, any one done that b4?

Your best bet is to get yours overhauled. By doing this it's possible that you won't need them recoding.You need to match the part number exactly. I understand the code might be the 16 digit code under the part number. It's important that you get them in the right order as well as you just can't swop them around like some other makes. Alternatively buy the exchange ones. You should be able to pick them up for around £150. If they cost significantly less then I'd be inclined to walk away. As a matter of interest, these type of HPCRinjectors are increasingly becoming serviceable items at around 60,000 miles plus. The HPCR engine, whilst very good does though have it's downfalls and unfortunately the injectors and their cost seems to be one of them. Another is the "lack of grace" one could enjoy with the older types if you misfuelled.