Father-in-Law Caught by Scammer?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My F-i-L is 73 and owns a 10 year old'ish Ford Fiesta . .

. one evening whilst taking his lady partner home he came across some road works with an 'alleged' STOP / GO system in place . .

. once the GO had been shown he started to move off

only for a bloke wearing a hi viz jacket to appear and shout at him for starting to move off . .

. he wound down the window to ask what the problem was and was told he had gone through on STOP . .

. my F-i-L maybe 73 but he is extremely intelligent as an ex-university lecturer and knows he did not go through on STOP add to that he doesn't sometimes reach the speed limit! . .

. however to keep the peace he apologised and waited for the man to wave him on .

. . which he did . .

. only to instantly turn around and slam his hand onto the car's bonnet and shout that he had driven into him . .

. the result of these shinanigins is now a civil claim against my F-i-Law's Insurance Company . .

. the police interviewed my F-i-L and agreed there would be no further contact by them .

. . although the Insurance Company have assigned an investigator to look into it,

I'm a tad apprehensive for my F-i-L as he's burying his head in the sand and letting the insurance guys do the digging . .

. this is where CAG comes in!!!

anyone else know of this type of [problem] in the Rochdale area?

yeah as soon as i heard about it i knew it was a [problem], unfortunately he's now refusing to discuss it with us . . . more head burying . . . my wife's trying to find out the info, name, location etc so we can hopefully post a bit more info that people may be able to comment on . . . or at least warn others of what's going on out there . . .

Are you ringing the council to confirm that the workers had legitimate business carrying out road works and the council were aware of the work?

Also which ever firm they work for, put in an official complaint?,

Maybe even threaten to counter sue.

A shot in the dark - any camera's?

Your FI-L was probably targeted, because of his age, the first contact was probably to establish if he would make a suitable target.

Also they needs to be quite a bit of proof, word of mouth isn't enough. Don't forget there are quite a few motoring organisations

you can contact to seek their opinion.

Edited by rebel11

good points . . . as soon as i find out the location i will follow up on that as i'm sure the company/council have a responsibility for due care for the site, although it's a thoroughfare they are still responsible i guess . . .