MBNA doubled interest now I'm in big trouble

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help! I'll try to be brief with the background but in a nutshell: I lost my job nearly a year ago and like a fool every penny I could get hold of doing bits and pieces of work here and there went on my debt. I have 3 creditors, M***, Bar****card and Next, I've never missed my Next payment but missed 2 on B********d recently. WOW are they on the ball!!!! Text messages, phonecalls, letters! What an awful awful bunch they are! I underpaid by £3 the other month and they were relentless, anyway, M*N* have just this month hiked my interest rate up tp 29.9% I'm absolutely gutted, I've been keeping on top of it for months and now I've gone over my credit limit because of their interest hike. So the calls have started and I don't know what to do! My accounts are 2007 so I know they'll have enforceable agreements, also I'd really rather not screw my credit rating up, I'm in a relationship and I'd be mortified if we bought something jointly and I got rejected or we needed to rent a house etc.

Is there ANYTHING I can do or say to them to stop the interest till I get back on my feet or do you have any advice? I can't believe how I've struggled to keep on top of my payments only to be screwed over now, it shouldn't be too long before I'm back in work but in the interim any help from you guys and gals would be much appreciated :)