Arnold Clark - Extended Warranty and Stolen Vehicle

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3689 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Other than being a unhappy customer of Arnold Clark, I was happy with my car which got stolen last week. I purchased the car from AC 4 months back and last month purchased an extended warranty from them. The papers of the warranty got stolen with the car. Went back to them to say as the car is gone now, can they refund the money (deducting for the one month), we've received a negative reply saying that Clark Warranty is non-refundable. Understood for selling, but here the commodity is missing.

Please advise how I can get my money back. I feel ripped off as due to stolen car I'm losing my excess and no claim bonus already and this warranty money also gone, it will be a substantial loss. I'm fuming at the very thought of the thieves......:evil:

It's not AC's fault that your car was stolen along with the warranty documents. You won't be able to demand a refund, it wasn't mis-sold.

You would think they would show less greed though and cancel the policy. Because of this they have probably lost you as a customer.

Unless it says it is tied to that car, then get it suspended and then you can transfer it to your new car if you old one shouldn't be recovered.