E-on cock up or written off?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, prepare to be confused-I am:(

I'll try to make it as clear as poss though.

I moved from the wonderful (NOT) city of Leicester to the wilds (literally) of Suffolk in May this year.

I informed my existing supplier (Ebico via Southern Electric) and asked if they could take over the supply for when I moved in and they said they could. Gave them final meter readings (Gas+leccy) and new meter readings(Leccy only)

Found out in early July that Southern Electric HADN'T done the transfer but they agreed to sort it and take over from 23July. Once the transfer was done I got a bill from E-on but it included arrears from a previous tenant so I wrote to them.

I gave E-on the readings from when I moved in and asked them to remove the arrears and I would happily pay the rest. (using their calculations around £100)

On to Saturday just gone. E-on sent me an amended bill but instead of using the readings from the original bill , they used the readings I gave them in my letter to them so the bill is actually in credit to the tune of £3.87 (having not paid them anything yet)

To top it all, I got another letter this morning and they have removed the prompt payment discount and I now owe them 99p.

After that convoluted tale, my question.

Do I write to them and point out there mistake?

I wonder if E-on have billed Southern Electric and SE will bill me?

:?:-|:?:-| any help gratefully accepted.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

EON will have closed the account for your occupation to the meter read provided by SE, so you will only be billed for the same amount once, it may mean that the amount on your first bill with SE might be slightly higher than normal, but this will sort itself out.

Pay the 99p and don't worry about it!

Cheers for that.

I'll save the money I put aside just in case then see what happens when I get my SE bill

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hi there i don't mean to stick my nose in but i got a letter this morning from E-on regarding that i owe them just short of £1000 i am with southern electric for both gas an electric and have been for at least 6 years also i was put on a token metre for both.

I've never been or applied for e-on an was wondering what should i do and if this is a regular issue or is se owned or part of the same group as eon

thanks for any advice you can give

Hi,

I would simply write to E-on telling them what you have just put but I would ring SE to make sure they are still your supplier.

What dates do this bill cover?

there is no dates of a bill it is a debt collector agency and as i have said i never even signed for E-on.

also they are both token metres so as i understood how it works even if there was a debt it would automatically be taken each tim i top up.

The flat i live in has only had three suppliers in the past 9 years those are npower british gas and now southern electric

You could always send them this:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

They might be Phishing for someone with the same name as you

hi thanks for the reply and help but when i click the link it just sends me back to the main forum screen.

I never thought of that and what is the likely hood of this happening

thanks once again for the fast help

Morning Rebel,

I paid the 99p yesterday. The lady at the post office looked bemused.

The letters are safely stored.