Sofas we're paying for from SCS now cheaper after 17 days

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I need a bit of information and guidance on what i can do with regards to SCS.

I've purchased two sofas from SCS on the 02/08/2010, after the Mrs fell in love with them, which you can pay for either by cash, credit, or by payments which can be done weekly or monthly to clear the cost of the items prior to the delivery date set after paying an agreed deposit. We chose the weekly option.

The overall cost of the sofas came to £1250 after having the extra 5 year warranty and we were fine with this. It seemed reasonable because the samples they had in store, i felt, we're of high quality and looked very well manufactured.

My Mrs went in the store on the 19/08/10 to make another payment and saw that these same sofas had been dropped to a lower price and also included the foot stool.

To say that she wasn't best pleased was an understatement and she wanted to go in and complain about the fact that if we had waited just a little of two weeks we could have had the same sofas, with the foot stool, at a lower price.

Because we haven't entered into a contract is there any way we could ask for our price to be dropped and plug them for the footstool as an extra?

I do fel like we've been took for idiots on this.

So, at Christmas when I buy my presents I should complain 2 weeks later when the January sales are on?

You bought at the price advertised. If the price had gone up would you be happy for them to now ask for more?

Says it all.

Working for a national furniture retailer, I hopefully can add a bit of perspective to this. Most furniture retailers (and others) hike their prices artificially for a period so they can then offer a 'discount'. Legal but not nice. The only national retailers I know of that don't do this are Ikea, Habitat and BoConcept. The end result is that the sharks that are offering 3 years interest free credit (it is built into the price, they aren't a charity) nothing to pay for a year and 50% off are kidding you on and their prices will be up and down like a wh*res knickers. Buy from these guys when they are in price establishment, you will pay over the odds. The 'sale' price is the true price, the full price is created to enable them to claim they are discounting.

It is the same as 'free delivery', a big con. It isn't free, it is built into the price. This means that anyone who chooses to collect to avoid waiting in for a delivery is still paying for that delivery in effect.

I remember a Scottish company offering a 'buy the 3 str, get the 2 str free' offer. The only problem was the £799 sofa was being sold for £1599.

Because we haven't entered into a contract.

What on Earth makes you think that you haven't entered into a contract?

You saw the goods, you accepted they were at X price, the other side agreed to sell you the goods at that price, you paid a deposit and have been paying in instalments prior to delivery on completion of payments. Looks like a contract to me. :-?