goplanit

DVLA say I didn't SORN

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3643 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, new to all this so advice would be appreciated.

Moved in November '09 and sent off V5 and SORN, V5 for change of address, SORN for having my vehicle off the road (obviously).

In April I wanted to tax my car again but realised I hadn't recieved a new V5 so called DVLA, completey unhelpful, was told they never got the V5 and to go to my local DVLA office, fill in the required forms and pay for the privilage of them losing it. Whilst on the phone they also said I was being fined £80 for not SORNing, so they lost both.

My previous address are now getting (and passing on to me) letters threating court action from soliceters, I'm ignoring them. So even though I now have a V5 with correct address on and road tax, letters to me are going to the wrong address, am I right to ignore?

No. This will catch up with you. You need to get the address changed to your current one, and then fight the assertion that you did not comply with the regulations.

But the address on my V5 is changed to my current address and my road tax was sent to my current address. I wouldn't even know about the letters being sent to my previous address if I hadn't been told. You cant even send those letters back with 'Unknown at this address" on because there is no return address on the envelope.

Irrelevant, unfortunately. Incompetence is allowed. The pursuit will be based on the data they had at the time, it is not dynamic. If yoy do nothing, bailiffs will track you down and the. You'll have to waste time and energy pushing toothpaste back into the tube.

Chase DVLA in writing, and keep the paper trail.