Jump to content

Another CCJ setting aside question...


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

hello, just a question regarding i want a judgement set aside, judgement was made in 23/02/2006 for the sum of £293.00.

Now i wasn't genuinely aware of this till i checked my credit report. I didn't receive anything at the time as far as i can remember through the post, we also had some major work going on at our address, AND looking at the details on the judgement on the report the postal code is incorrect, post code in the report is over 5 miles away from me. Can anyone shed some light on what are my chances of setting this aside is?? I don't mind paying the £75 fee to try as i feel i am honestly unaware of the judgement, also shall i enlist the help of a solicitor?? or is that a waste of time and money??? Please help....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved to the Legal Forum.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts


Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.


Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit



17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you paid the sum in question? Im not experienced in this but I can give you the benefit of my limited knowledge. First of all I would write to the court, if the address that has been supplied in the CCJ is inaccurate I would think you would have grounds to say it never got there. If you havent seen it you cant defend it. If the address supplied was incorrect then Id say you have grounds.


If it goes to hearing, you need to display you had the funds to pay it, and that you would have either defended it or paid within the 28 days allowed, but as you never received it.........


Im going through a sort of similar thing, Iv SAR'd the company involved to see if a default notice was issued. Im confident it was not, Someone may correct me, but if you SAR the company involved with you and they have your address wrong too then Id say your home free.


Again Im not an expect just what I have attempted to gleen from here myself.





Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...


Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.



I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.


Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.



Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.


It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...