Blair, Oliver and Scott Limited - Notice of Intended Court Action

Guest Cartaphilus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Cartaphilus

Fairly sure I only received this letter this week or last, but I just opened it and found this inside:

(Creditor) Against

ME

Sum Claimed: £xxxxxx Due by 28/07/2010

Formal notice is hereby given that our client has instructed us to commence court proceedings aainst you without delay.

Papers are now being prepared for commencement of action through your local court to seek a judgement against you.

If you are a homeowner and do not pay the amount the court orders you to pay, we may then reapply to the court for a charging order on your property. This will give us repayment of the outstanding debt from the proceeds whenever the property is sold.

Rest of the letter is giving me ways to stop all the above by phoning or sending a cheque.

This account is a bank account, the account is still running, I have not received a default notice.

How seriously should I be taking this letter or is it just another scare tactic?

Guest Cartaphilus

Which I am sure I will have to find when I am taken to court whenever that may be. I don't deserve any compassion from anyone do I? See ya.

People probably didn't answer because of what you said in post #2, you said that you'd found the answer.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Guest Cartaphilus

Perhaps that is so, as I went to read other threads, other forums to try and find an answer. I was really hoping for one from someone here as to whether it should be taken seriously or not. Sometimes things are very difficult for me and whilst things are often very easy for other people they are not always that way for me. Sometimes I just need a bit of reassurance in order to move forwards.

As they have suggested court action, why not send a CPR request and see how serious they are.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Blair Oliver and Scott do not respond to any correspondence whatsoever, but if you want to waste a stamp you can try writing to them.

PS If you want reassurance, I've had at least 20 'Notice of Intended Legal Action' over the last 6 years and they haven't done it yet.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.