Sheriff Officers/when can they be called in?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mother is 70 yrs off age and has had work carried out by a builder. Whilst he was doing the work he found other faults. The bill has now came in and it it not as stated verbally. I have contacted the Scottish Building Federation who agree with me on two points. 1 The bill and 2. The job was not correctly explained(ie. They have put a dry cast finish against the rest of the house which is wetcast) which looks totally out of place on the house.I told him I was not happy and that the SBF were going to investigate. He left me a message whilst at work saying if he does not get full payment he is calling in the shefiffs officers. I live in Southampton and my mother lives in Paisley in Scotland. I know there are some diffences in the law between the two but any advice would be appreciated as my mother is only 5.5 stone and not in the best of health and the thought of baliffs/sheriff officers turning up at her house is making her worse.

Dave

He is bluffing. Sheriff Officers cannot become involved unless he has raised an action in the Sheriff Court and obtained decree (judgement in his favour). If he did raise an action you would then be able to submit your defence or put in a counter claim and the Sheriff would then decide on the merits of each party's case.

• Haha 1

Ray is spot on.

Have you raised a formal dispute with the builder in writing?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 10 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.