style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First of all I would like to thank everyone that has helped me with my problem.

I have a few things that I would like to ask and if someone can give me the answers so that I know if I ever need them in the future.

First, if a bailiff has levied on items and you have an agreement and paperwork signed thats it for one bill outstanding. Walking pocession signed etc., is that legally binding?

Now, if you have another bill outstanding and the bailiff adds them altogether to your first one to make one total and levies on other goods and gives you paperwork for that BUT does not get you to sign another walking pocession order but intends to use the first one that you signed - is it legal especially if the dates on both forms are different?

I just want to make sure I am covered for the future because I have seen in some threads on here that some bailiffs have added one debt to another to make one total.

I hope someone can understand what I have written.

Thank you.

Benny1

First of all I would like to thank everyone that has helped me with my problem.

I have a few things that I would like to ask and if someone can give me the answers so that I know if I ever need them in the future.

First, if a bailiff has levied on items and you have an agreement and paperwork signed thats it for one bill outstanding. Walking pocession signed etc., is that legally binding?

If he has levied on items A, B & C and they are not exempt goods for any reason or any other reason that may invalidate the levy then that is perfectly legal. You having signed a Walking Possession allows him to charge an extra fee. Once the debt is paid then the agreement is finished.

Now, if you have another bill outstanding and the bailiff adds them altogether to your first one to make one total and levies on other goods and gives you paperwork for that BUT does not get you to sign another walking pocession order but intends to use the first one that you signed - is it legal especially if the dates on both forms are different?

If in the meantime another debt comes along he cannot use the same goods -A, B or C - to levy on but must use some others - D, E or F -. The fact you have not signed any paperwork does not invalidate the levy, it just prevents him charging the Walking Possession Fee. He cannot use your signature on the first to enforce the second.

I just want to make sure I am covered for the future because I have seen in some threads on here that some bailiffs have added one debt to another to make one total.

I hope someone can understand what I have written.

Thank you.

Benny1

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you I got a bit confused.

Because I thought it was legal for them to use the same walking P form for the second lot.

So if you have levied goods and signed 1 form then he cannot use your signature to enforce second lot? What if he combines all that is owed in to one lump sum but has 2 levied goods forms but only 1 signed walking P form (different dates on levied goods form to wp form)? What is legal then?

Thank you

benny1

Sorry if i am a bit slow lol.

can you post up the date of each levy

the goods on each levy

the fees for each levy

If you owe the bailiff £500 for account 1 and he Levy's goods he will charge you a levy fee of £42.50

if he is given another debt of £500 and he levy goods the levy fee will be £42.50

however if he adds the 2 debt together on the second visit £1000 and charges a levy on this £53

he has now increased his levy fee by doing this and in effect charged a levy fee for account 1 twice

is this what he has done

Edited by hallowitch
spelling