• Tweets

• I’ve heard recently that IDRWW and Mr Coyle are at it again !!!! Maybe another email to the SRA and The FCA is needed!    when are they going to stop abusing and harassing when they don’t even own the debt 
    • Same issues as : also spent ££ to have mechanical failures fixed   will have a read
    • Debt charities have urged the Insolvency Service to develop stronger rules to protect customers from bad practice among IVA lead generators View the full article
    • Hi,     I'm in the process of voluntary termination of my moneybarn agreement, in accordance with secion 99(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I have returned the vehicle, it was collected by a 3rd party on behalf of MB, in driveable condition with fear wear and tear condition.  Their report states that the condition was "Average" (The options were Good, Average and Poor). I have paid more than 50% and recently, before starting the VT process spent £700 to make sure car is roadworthy (gearbox repairs). I am £880 over the 50% mark. Today I've received final billing letter estimating body repairs at over £1,300 (the bodywork is fine - peeling lacquer and alloy wheels would need refurb though). I've purchased the car at 7 years old with over 80k miles, through National Car Credit (pretty sure I've seen another topic on here about them). The car is now more than 10 years old, and I did take pictures + videos of the car before it was collected.   Now. I've had a payment holiday through April and May (which I don't dispute and will willingly cover the amount that they're asking for this payment holiday term) But however I'm not okay with covering the bodywork repairs for a car that is over 10 years old and wasn't excellent condition the day I've purchased it. It came with no service history book and only one key (on my own expense I've purchased another one and had it programmed)   No arrears on the account, no missed payments (just 2 month agreed payment holiday - between myself and MB) which I'm okay to cover. Given the car back in drive-able condition (it was very noisy the week before it was collected, hence why I've spent money on repairs) half of tank of petrol, kept tax up to the day it was collected.   Advice would be appreciated, thank you.   dx: I can't pm you as I haven't got enough posts on here, but if you'd like more details and see what has been sent and see the responses please PM me.     Thanks.
    • I am not a lawyer but I definitely think you are correct.   You will need evidence that Fast Track was not available on your way out - "Unknown reasons" sounds ominous. Do you have pictures/videos/written records to prove it?   Ryanair website states they are not responsible for you missing your flight as a result of fast track, but it doesn't say anything about not being responsible for the product they sold you not being available. Have you tried asking for a refund already?   Either way they sold you something that they did not provide - I don't see how this can be legal - and hopefully you should be able to prove it. Get written evidence that they refused to refund you (if you don't have it already) and take it straight to your card provider. (by many accounts it seems pointless to try and negotiate with Ryanair)
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
dwayne dibbly

Disability at work how do I stand.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3641 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Quick post, I have got ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis, I have not yet told work although it is becoming increasingly difficult to hide the fact that there is something wrong with me as at 42 years old I look like a 92 year old when I move or pick things up.

My question is how likely am I to lose my job because I am unable to do what they require of me, I work at tescos on the backdoor which although does not require me to be lifting and carrying all the time it is sometimes needed, I also find myself unable to other things but have so far been able to bypass doing them.

As you can imagine I am a little worried that if I tell them of my problems I will suddenly find myself being asked to do things I cant do or I find myself being pushed onto hours that are unsuitable because I am unable to do parts of my job as it stands.

If they are able to do this where does that leave me.

Thanks

dibbly...

If your conditions are a disability as defined in the Disability Discrimination Acts, then Tescos will have to make 'reasonable adjustments' for you to continue to work for them even if that means moving you to a different job. They would be on extremely sticky ground to sack you if reasonable adjustments meant you could have continued working for them. However, it is not unknown for employers to find some reason for sacking someone anyway as discrimination is extremely difficult to prove.

Is there a national or local organisation which supports people with your conditions? If there is, they are bound to be the best source of advice. You could also speak to the national disability discrimination organisation, whose name completely escapes me at the moment. ACAS might be able to advise on how to approach your employer.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Entirely agree. You can't be dismissed if you develop a condition which may affect your ability to you your current job, but the employer needs to know that you have a condition which will be classed as a disability in order to make the necessary adjustments that the DDA requires. If they are unaware, and you continue to struggle, then they could start looking at your capability to do the job.

Best thing to do is to speak to the branch PM or APM if there is nobody at the branch, and have a frank discussion about your condition and your determination to continue working. If you are a member of USDAW it will be worth involving your branch Rep at an early stage. These are debilitating conditions, and the company have H&S responsibilities to yourself and others around you which involve risk-assessments. The reasonable adjustments may well include moving you away from the more manual handling aspects of what you do, or changing your role in store. They cannot put unreasonable demands on you, but they must know what they are dealing with.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi.......... I agree with all the above. The employer needs to know of your condition if they are to act as a dutiful employer and sort the problems out. However I would lay some protection down before to tell them ie join a union and / or ensure you have legal protection cover for employment disputes. The union will give you cover but not all unions are worth their money as they are useless when it comes to fighting for you. The legal protection cover can be purchased with home contents cover or separately. It costs £20 or so and worth it if the emplioyer starts to muck you around.

Hi.......... I agree with all the above. The employer needs to know of your condition if they are to act as a dutiful employer and sort the problems out. However I would lay some protection down before to tell them ie join a union and / or ensure you have legal protection cover for employment disputes. The union will give you cover but not all unions are worth their money as they are useless when it comes to fighting for you. The legal protection cover can be purchased with home contents cover or separately. It costs £20 or so and worth it if the emplioyer starts to muck you around.

Hope you do not mind me hijacking your thread, but my partner has a problem with a union and would like to rescind the contract with them as the rep is useless to say the lease he refused to refer the case for a legal opinion regarding an ongoing dispute with employer concerning DDA. Can one get cover for an ongoing DDA dispute with an employer on insurance that has been ongoing for years. :-?

Should mentioned this was with USDAW initially and the rep keep advising when the employer would not make minor adjustments for her disability all that was needed was to keep putting in grievances. Joined another union and found them equally as bad and now wants to take out insurance in the hope that something will be done regarding DDA.

Edited by Allwood

This might be a question for the Insurance forum, Allwood, if you don't get answers here. I would check the terms very carefully for an existing dispute, because most other types of insurance wouldn't offer cover.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Allwood............ I wouldn't have thought that existing problems would be covered. However it does sound like the unions discriminated too. Have a look at this http://www.yourrights.org.uk/yourrights/right-to-receive-equal-treatment/disability-discrimination/disability-discrimination-trades-unions-and-trade-associations.html

Personally I would join a legal protection Insurance and as the discrimination are continuing events then the next time the request goes in that would be covered and then apply.

I would carefully look at the terms and conditions though to ensure that the event is covered. The history would all be relevant in evidence. Be careful discrimination issues generally are only covered in employment disputes.