New Comedy Double Act RRG and TOYOTA GB part 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new to CAG and Forum, in fact any Forum so please be patient with 1st and 2nd posts.

Whilst I'm aware that A,B,C..Accuracy, Brevity and Clarity are best policy, at this stage, 'end of tether ' stage it is nigh on impossible to be brief in the account of this long winded farce!

So if you're still here go get yourself a coffee and a pack of biscuits because it's a marathon not a sprint.

I see from browsing the site, that Arnold Clark currently holds the title for dealership, you'd be most mad to buy a car from, though to be honest until I came here I wouldn't have had a clue, which brings me nicely on to the RRG Group, whom I think could actually give Arnold Clark a run for their money.

I say RRG Group over RRG Bolton who are the dealership specific to our saga because with just a little searching on Google you will discover that it is likely that 'some' of the management at RRG Group, along with Toyota GB, and Arnold Clark seem to have graduated from the same Technical College with 1:1 Diplomas in Lying, Cheating and Fobbing Off.

Whilst I realise those are strong allegations, if the Manager at RRG Bolton issues to me an ultimatium in his letter of the 13th August that I am not to contact some of the more honest and reasonable staff at RRG Bolton with whom I / we have previously met and spoken with, resolutely refuses to 'disclose' an extemely important document pertinent to the case, namely the 2nd Toyota A Check worksheet of 13th April 2010, which had been promised by one his staff, who I'm not now allowed to approach, and finally writes a pack of lies about my behaviour when his own staff acknowledged that I had always dealt with them in a reasonable and professional manner, he can spin it anyway, but in my 'old skool ' ways it's simple bared faced lying.

I found one post here which completed a couple of months of my searching as you can see below:

10th February 2010 12:36 Toyota RRG Macclesfield - Vehicle not as described

'I have contacted Toyota Customer Relations and feel that I have been fobbed off and left out to dry, pushing me back to the RRG Macclesfield dealer.'

1) RRG misled meprior to sale

4) RRG then denied me

5) RRG misled me on the cost

7) …..not disclosed to me prior, during or on completion of the sale. It was a fault present at time of sale and not disclosed, but instead I was misled on what it actually was. I …….do not have the technical knowledge. RRG failed to point this defect to me.

Toyota Owners ClubI have just spoken to the first owner and he used to work for Toyota for 28 years and he said he returned the car to the dealership because after 250 miles the clutch burned out!!!!????

The end result is I have left the car with RRG Toyota Bolton, I have not been offered a replacement at the same value of the verso bought originally I have now been offered a Verso T3 Manual for approx £90 more a month on my finance!

I am not happy to have to pay more for a car which should have been right from the start I am going to contact RRG Toyota tomorrow and ask them why they sold me a car which they knew already had problems????

Why should the buyers of these cars pay for Toyota's inability to own up to there mistakes? Or does Toyota think that the British buyers of this car are stupid.

Toyota Owners Club

My rav4 went in for the 20k two year service I was told I needed a new clutch and that my rav4 had a oil leak all covered under the warranty the cost £1200.

I was suspicious ….The air filter was full of dead leaves not cleaned, the rear differential oil not changed, and worse of all the brake fluid not changed, this would have been left for another two years!

After 4/5 days of arguing I got my money back, £237 that’s what they charged for doing an oil/filter change I reported it to TOYOTA (GB) what a waste if time …..I even wrote to the Managing Director still no help if you have had a Toyota serviced at RRG Bolton get it checked they rush your service and don't do anything…..I need to make all Toyota owners aware, they may have got the same service from RRG Bolton I got?

Toyota Owners Club

RRG Rochdale is the same... That's where I bought my 3-doors nrg. from day 1 almost every thing was wrong (mot / club toyota / gab insurance / dodge warranty) and not done (new front discs & pads / tires / inside cleaning / stone chips / overfill of coolant / wheels not balanced ) as agreed. never ever RRG again for me.

Toyota Owners Club

Glad someone else has had problems with RRG thought I was just un-lucky but I suspect they are doing bad servicing etc systematically and just wheeling them in wheeling them out, I have asked to meet Mr. Mark Fuller to explain what happened to my RAV4 he won't? The next time I get an invite to there wine/cheese day/nights I will be turning up and I will be speaking very loudly. They have an easy job servicing Toyota's no need to rip people off but sorry you have gone through the pain of RRG

Toyota Owners Club

New Yaris 1.3 TR - Really Bad Experience. Well, the dealer dumped the thing on the drive today while we were both out and posted the keys through the letter box. In the car there is a "job sheet" that shows a long list of "No fault found" items, most of which we had not even reported. Very interesting that the recorded mileage is 200 less than the car has really done.

I think the dealer has played this "we reject the car" game before and is trying to show that we are still using the car. Luckily we have the previous job sheets and the last two show a higher mileage.

Letter from Toyota predictably says "we suggest you take up these matters with your dealer".

Solicitors letter will land after the weekend but he's not hopeful. There may have been 17 faults reported so far but only the clutch judder can be described as serious. Tomorrow I'm going to tour a few Toyota dealers pretending to be a new car buyer so that I can see what other tin boxes are like. What a waste of time and money. My wife has started using her bicycle again!

Toyota Owners Club

Apologies if this has been covered, I have done a search but nothing has come up.…..

Hoping you can help before I take it to Toyota and get fobbed off again a fault being a 'quirk of the car'...

It started off with a slight noise on full lock, a sort of low groaning noise coming from somewhere behind the centre console. Over the last week it has got progressive louder, and is now doing it on half lock as well. It can only be described as a groan, but its loud enough to be heard over the stereo and appears to be coming from inside the cabin.

Toyota Owners Club

Basically your wasting your time with Toyota UK, they will fanny around and tell you in the end that the dealers are independent….My expectations are to receive a car built to Toyota UK’s spec and not outside it!….best of luck but personally after giving Toyota my business for 6 years and purchasing 4 brand new cars from them in that time Id never go back.

Toyota Owners Club

Lets face it even Toyota can make mistakes, and they will admit that.

How they deal with their mistakes however is a completely different matter. They should be horrified and go out of their way to sort them out. In my experience they don't, and at that point, being a Toyota owner can get to be really inconvenient.

My advice; if you are unhappy, ask for whatever form is needed to make an 'official complaint' I don't know if they have a form but in my experience they start listening a lot harder.

Putting things in writing is always a good move because its evidence if you get into a legal dispute and they know this. (always keep a copy)

If in the end you are really unhappy with the car or dealership, and the dealership are being unreasonable in your view, then you could always threaten to tell your story to the local papers. Toyota, being this bad was probably news to you, it will be newsworthy to others……….The arrogant attitude of the dealerships is shameful and needs to be fixed.

Give me a Vauxhall dealership any day.

Toyota Owners Club

My experience of Toyota GB was the same as yours. I raised a complaint with Toyota customer services and the treatment I received was terrible in fact the worst treatment I had received from any company I have dealt with

I wrote to customer services in Epsom, then Graham Smith managing director, then Toyota Europe ,and finally the executive vice president in Japan as yet I am still waiting for a reply with an acceptable explanation or apology.…..there seems no consistency in how customer complaints are dealt with .

I wonder if Toyota GB monitor these forums, if so they could learn a lot about their core customers.

I told you it was a marathon and I've only done 12 and half miles yet, will post 2nd half as seperate post.

Thank you

The car, a Toyota Yaris was purhased on 15th January 2009. Below are listed the number of times it has been returned to RRG Bolton for checks, repairs and replacement of parts.

11/02/2009 Mileage 758

600 MILE CHECK, INDICATER DOESN’T SEEM TO TURN OFF UNLESS HE DOES A

SHARP TURN.

TECH CHECKED OPERATION OK.

05/06/2009 Mileage 3121

WHEN PUTS ON FULL LOCK HEARS A GRINDING NOISE

STRIP FRONT BRAKES TO INSPECT RE: ROB

Front brake discs scored

Carried out brake disc skim & replaced pads

Removed rear shoes chamfered edges

Shoe adjuster sticking freed off.

29/10/2009 Mileage 8123

TECH REPORTED WATER PUMP LEAKING

Warranty Work

REPLACED WATER PUMP DUE TO LEAK FROM FAILED INTERNAL SEAL

COOLANT

PUMP ASSY WATER

ALSO

REPLACED BRAKE DISCS AND PADS

DISC PAD FRONT

customer request ref: Mike

HUB FRONT AXLE

13/04/2010 Mileage 10633

PEDAL RECALL SOPE 0503B

GAP

BAR SIZE

PLATE ACC2.6F

Toyota A Check sheet Needs urgent attention ****

PROMISED BUT NEVER RECEIVED

REQUESTED FORMALLY ON 4 SEPARATE OCASSIONS

DOCUMENT STILL NOT DISCLOSED

20/04/2010 Mileage 10809

CREAKING NOISE FROM STEERING

PREMATURE WEAR ON SHOCKER TOPS

REPLACED SUSPENSION TOP MOUNTS (RUBBER) FRONT

WARRANTY WORK. CUSTOMER COMPLAINT

BUMPSTOP FR.SPR

28/07/2010 Mileage 13576

CHECK FOR CREAKING FROM STEERING ON BOTH LOCKS

HAS HAD PROBLEMS BEFORE AND WE REPLACED TOP MOUNTS

EXCESS FREEPLAY IN TOP MOUNTS

REPLACE SUSPENSION TOP MOUNTS

SUPPORT FR. SUSP

SUPPORT. FR SUSP

As I said I'm a complete novice at this and for some reason even though I had saved in Notepad (ansi code) along with Microsoft Works Word Processor I was unable to copy and paste from either from my computer to this Forum, that is until 10 minutes ago when I downloaded Firefox and everything now seems to be working OK.

I have another epic to upload detailing everything from start to finish 15th January 2009 to 20th August 2010 I've been typing it out since 5am this morning, so will post it as a seperate thread, appropriately copied and pasted from doc's, sometime this afternoon. At least by the time I've finished dealing with this complaint my IT skills will be 100% improved, and the new car buying general public will be able to view a balanced account of buying a Toyota.

I am currently constructing a website and blog. putting all the Toyota, RRG complaints in one domain with links to newspaper articles, Consumer Websites (this one most definitely) etc. Sarah Pennells Editor, www.savvywoman.co.uk Sarah Pennells is the lady who spoke on bbc tv about the British Gas award for time spent dealing with complaints.

Hi Chris,

I just wanted to drop you a quick email to apologise for not having got back to you earlier. It's been a rather busy week but I'm hoping to catch up with emails over the weekend. I'll get back to you either later today or tomorrow.

Best wishes

Sarah

Imagine if Sarah had been the person who got landed with 'our ' Toyota Yaris and how much work she'd have been able to get done, going back and to the dealership twice a day on more than 6 seperate ocassions.

Thinking Toyota? Think Again!

• 4 months later...