• Tweets

• I've an idea that what this is is clearing out stock of old tech panels as there have been signs of major breakthroughs in solar tech - inc what is effectively solar paint   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • ROFL - says a minister of the government that lets its politicians promote their agendas unchallenged and well paid on the UK's version of Russia Today translated UK deputy PM launches global push to mask their election rigging "The UK is following Russia and China on a government minister and MP led process to get paid vast sums to put our message out to the plebs unchallenged, funded via right wing billionaires, AI from foreign states, and misuse of taxpayer money.   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.😄 (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021.   npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279.   The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills.   I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this.   EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.    I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Capstone secured loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right thanks for that information,it explains a lot,firstly lenders are oblidged to tell you about the policy,the specific criteria of the policy in order to see if its the right policy for you,if they dont give you fair and proper info it is likely that you have a right and proper claim for ppi miss-seling i have known people claim and recieve refunds from 2002 so to say that f.s.a guidlines introduced in 2005 stop the f.o.s from intervening is wrong.PPi in your case is not worth the paper its written on,even though you ticked the box agreeing to it,because it was never explained to you,you can claim for a refund,now here,s what to do,firstly fire off a letter ,you can quote all of the above in it if you like to L.M.C stating that you were miss - sold ppi and ask for a full refund,if they start dragging things out and stalling then pen a letter to the financial ombudsman stating that you were miss sold ppi and L.M.C

are stalling with the refund,because new rules came into force in 2005 is not a bar to reclaiming ppi,and that is fact.

Edited by newstarter

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the mistakes when posting the keys on my laptop are playing up,going after the underwriter feels as though someone is passing the buck here,im surprised at the f.o.s at such a poor response however do the above and lets take it from here.

You really should be starting with the company that provided the loan and writing to them for a start,then the complaint should be going to the f.o.s going affter the underwriter seems like passing the buck to me,this is a clear case of ppi miss-selling,i would start the process again from square 1, problem that has arrisen however and this may be the cause of you not getting very far with this is that in October 2010 the B.B.A british bankers association (includes lloyds,halifax bank of scotland and so on,have decided to appeal in the high court over the f.s.a,ruling over over ppi miss-selling and have put claims on hold,this could be having an effect on your claim as it seems they are all awaiting the outcome,could be that the f.o.s are doing the same.

Reagrding the arrears you mentioned that Capstones will not change the payment date,you can quote this,Mortgage pre action protocol,section 5,initial contact and provision,section 5.4

"the lender should consider a reasonable request from the borrower

to change the date of the regular payment.

Where the lender refuses such a request it should within a reasonable

period of time give the borrower a written explanation

of the reasons fo their refusal"

The pre action protocol is there so as to give the lender and the borrower time to come to an agreement before court action can take place and any court action by Capstones would be frowned on to say the least,they are breaking this protocol more seriousley they are creating arrears by design.This is unfortunatly an all too familiar method of Capstones.

http://www.egalegal.com/compoundWindow.html

rests = 12

days = 360

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

same as the others just adapt it.

you'll need to do a spreadsheet first ideally though

shows you know what you are talking about

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone and happy New Year.

Now dealing with Acenden who have taken over from Capstone.

People beware!!!

Acenden cancelled my arrangement to pay off arrears because payment was late and are now charging £105 per month arrears fees. They will not reinstate arrangement until I lower arrears ammount, on December the 8th the arrears (according to their records) stood at £559 today they insist they are at £1126. They won't make arrangement until arrears are under £500 (which I can't do) and if no arrangement is in place they are allowed to charge arrears fees and add them to arrears balance. This is now on course to spiral out of control.

I have phoned FOS who said they will do letter to Acenden so heres hoping this mess will be sorted, this company are a disgrace I don't know how they get away with it!

well get reclaiming!

dx

and they

yes they dont do the donkey work just make sure you get what you are entitled too.

dx

and they

I have also had the same problem with this company (now Acenden). I have a suspended possession order meaning I had to pay an additional £20 on top of my monthly payment but Capstone were charging a £30 arrears fee every month and adding it to the arrears balance, therefore increasing the arrears by £10 per month. After a number of letters they apologised, removed the fees from the arrears and added them to the capital balance (but claimed they were legitimate fees and wouldn't refund them). Acenden have now started doing the same thing but the fee is £115 per month (£10 more than my monthly payment + the court order). They have today sent me a letter saying they are doing nothing wrong and they are perfectly entitled to add all default fees to the arrears balance under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Also, they state that what is an 'unfair' charge has not been defined by law and until it is they are entitled to charge as per their Tariff of Charges which they have also sent. They also say that I can go to the F.O.S. but the experience they've had so far leads them to conclude that they are doing nothing illegal and the F.O.S. have not yet successfully intervened in any case of this nature.

I've spoken to the F.O.S. and I must say I'm not encouraged that they're going to be any help whatsoever.

Not sure what I do now but I can't keep paying and still the arrears go up.

It's a worry that this company seems to be able to do just as they please. There are plenty of people on this site who have succeeded in reclaiming there charges back so that gives me hope. I have been reading the capstone action group forum there is plenty of advice there. When I contacted the FOS I felt quite positive, I think it all depends who you speak to.

I have just sent my first letter asking for a refund so we will see what happens, I will keep you informed.

Well would you believe it, after telling Acenden I was taking my complaint to FOS (Fri 14/1/11) they rang today with a very different attitude. They wanted to make an arrangement to pay off arrears!! They were very nice but pointed out to me that the FOS take about 8 weeks to investigate by which time Acenden would have commenced litigation proceedings. I asked whether that was a threat and informed them I would continue to pay £40 extra a month until everything was sorted. I asked them to put everything in writing.

dont forget to reclaim still though

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

look on ourr homepage and at the recent ruling

dx

and they