• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloydes tsb, big problem..can you help? Any good advice?

master99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all,

VISA DEBIT CARD: CURRENT ACCOUNT.

I bought an item of eBay, lets say around £100, i received the item and it was not fit for purpose, not as described, so i tried sending the item back for a full refund.

The seller said he does not accept goods back he was a private seller not a business seller, after weeks of trying to get the item to him he was not going to take the item back, so i went for a charge back with LLOYDES TSB who i bank with.

They did a charge back but they said they failed to secure a charge back, ok i thought then i complained, then they refunded the money to me after a week. under vise charge back rules.

Now 2 and a half months later, i get a letter from the bank LLOYDES TSB, stating now i should return the goods to them, before that i told them the person didn't wont his goods back they confirmed this to me in writing, that the item was not fit for purpose, and not as described, and the seller didn't wont the goods back. so on those grounds and under visa rules they refunded me

however now they are saying send the item back to them in 10 days or they will re-debit my account, of £100, now the problem is the item was a not fit for purpose not as discribed, so after LLOYDES TSB, refunded me and said the issue is closed, now 2 and a half months later they are saying send the item back to the bank "LLOYDES TSB"

which is odd because i didnt buy the item from the bank, furthermore this issue was sorted 2 and a half months ago, i have thrown the item away when this item was sorted out knowing the seller didn't wont the item back.

so what grounds do LLOYDES TSB have to say send the items back to them? or they will re-debit my account which they have done.

Now LLOYDES TSB are charging me daily fess and on top of that monthly fees, becuase i have no overdraft on this account.

I'm thinking small claims court?:confused:

Financial ombudsmen: takes to long and side with the banks, so i don't wont to GO TO THEM, THEY ARE waste of time and energy.:confused:

your thoughts please.:-?:???::Cry::mad:

Edited by master99
:D I WON. HALIFAX PAID IN FULL DONT GIVE UP THE FIGHT IT WILL BE ALRIGHT:)

i would send the item to them, after all they are now the ones who have paid £100 for it!

EDIT

whoops just read you threw it away!

I would write and explain that to them, after all its been 2 months, they should have asked for it sooner

I'm a little confused . The seller on Ebay was a non business seller but you paid by Debit card? How was that possible? If you had paid by PayPal you would have been refunded without any hassle at all. i cannot for the life of me work out why the Bank, Visa or whoever would want the goods? There must be more to this sorry tale?

There is no more to the story, that is it, i found it bizarre that now LLODES TSB are asking for the item back after 2 months when they already wrote to me 2 months earlier saying they refunded me and now the case is closed. they wont me now to send the item back to them.

I bought this off ebay. using a visa debit card. item was not fit for purpose, nor as described. seller did not wont the item back. so i asked llodes tsb to do a charge back, they said there wear not successful then i complained then after a week got my money back, under the visa rules. then case closed 2 months later lloyed tsb asking for item to be sent to them, however now i have thrown away the item thinking the case was closed.

i have never heard of a bank asking for the item to be sent to them after 2 months passed and they said 2 months earlier case closed.

Edited by master99

I'm a little confused . The seller on Ebay was a non business seller but you paid by Debit card? How was that possible? If you had paid by PayPal you would have been refunded without any hassle at all. i cannot for the life of me work out why the Bank, Visa or whoever would want the goods? There must be more to this sorry tale?

If an item is not as described, faulty, non delivered, and you used a debit card to purchase the item, "for what ever price" and you card debit card has a visa logo on it, that indicates you have some protection under visa rules which the banks subscribe too.

you can see for your self here: http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

so does any one have any ideas how to defend this?

I understand the ramifications of Visa chargeback and as An Ebay seller I was just interested how you paid a non business by Lloyds Visa debit card (you say not thru PayPal). A chargeback can be reversed if as I suspect the seller of the item is able to show details of sale and delivery of same to you. Presumably you did not provide Lloyds with any proof of purchase other than entry on account. of course they can do a chargeback and that is what happened but conversely the seller can dispute this and under the same chargeback agreement get his money back from you as long as it is within 120 days otherwise sellers would be ripped off all the time by buyers claiming faulty goods etc. i dont see why you berate lloyds they are merely going thru laid out procedure and it is reasonable for them to ask that youshow reason for you not wishing to pay the seller hence their latest request. to be honest I think youre stuffed unless you have written evidence that the seller admitted goods were faulty and stated he didnt want goods back. I would be interested in final outcome.

And yes as a business seller i have had had customers attempting a chargeback usually because they think theyre being clever but I've always managed to negate their chargeback because sellers enjoy the same protection as buyers

I understand the ramifications of Visa chargeback and as An Ebay seller I was just interested how you paid a non business by Lloyds Visa debit card (you say not thru PayPal). A chargeback can be reversed if as I suspect the seller of the item is able to show details of sale and delivery of same to you. Presumably you did not provide Lloyds with any proof of purchase other than entry on account. of course they can do a chargeback and that is what happened but conversely the seller can dispute this and under the same chargeback agreement get his money back from you as long as it is within 120 days otherwise sellers would be ripped off all the time by buyers claiming faulty goods etc. i dont see why you berate lloyds they are merely going thru laid out procedure and it is reasonable for them to ask that youshow reason for you not wishing to pay the seller hence their latest request. to be honest I think youre stuffed unless you have written evidence that the seller admitted goods were faulty and stated he didnt want goods back. I would be interested in final outcome.

And yes as a business seller i have had had customers attempting a chargeback usually because they think theyre being clever but I've always managed to negate their chargeback because sellers enjoy the same protection as buyers

hmm I did use paypal to pay paypal refused the charge back to Lloyds TSB. stating the goods (where as described) i basically i said "how do paypal know the goods where as discribed if they where not my apartment when i took it out the box? surly the customer would know not paypal " then after writing to the chief executive of paypal (email) they refunded me my money back. LLOYDS TSB have no grounds for asking for the item after 2 months they didn't follow proper procedure, if anything they should have ask me to send it back first but like I said the seller didn't wont the items back.

After carefully explaining to the chief executive of Lloyds TSB... he then handed it down to the head of customer service Lloyds TSB they refunded my money back, plus compensation for the harm and distress coursed, basically they call it (good will gesture) and now the case is closed. eBay sellers in my view there are some good one and bad ones but at the end I got my money back plus a bonus

all I will say is if anyone else has this problem and your not getting anywhere with customer service, always write to deputy head manger or the chief executive and complain and in your complaint ask for double the amount I compensation.

it worked for me.

case closed job done

messgae to ebay sellers

P.S forgot to mention the goods i bought, i bought knowing they where faulty they where advertised as faulty. however when i got the item there was more then one fault. so it was not as described. if a seller says there is one fault and explains that fault, but when you get it, there is more then one fault to the item then the seller is in breach of contract weather it be private or business .

its happened twice now and i got my money back. its always worth complaining to the chief executive or the deputy head manger and ask for compensation, i can not stress that more. and if it does not work out. i would suggest small claims court.

Edited by master99