Rachie1973

Tax Credit Information

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3647 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My son is 17 and in full time education. Its a 2 year course so it's going to remain the same etc.

However, he wants eventually to be a Fire Officer, and his course reflects this.

He wants to be a retained FO in the meantime, which is impossible where we live due to a lack of retained stations.

He has found out, where my family come from are crying out for them. The training is obviously a while, and he'd be able to continue his course at a college local to them.

My question is.... if he went to live with my parents to pursue this ambition would I have to give up my tax credits claim for him?

They would not be claiming any benefits for him, and I would be paying them to feed/shelter/heat him etc. I understand that should he get his job (and i hope he does lol) that the claim would end because of his own income.