Chritopher Pinion Solicitors - Rockwell Debt Recovery Co Ltd

Newton003

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon

This morning I have recieved a letter form my bank telling me that Rockwell Debt recovery Ltd has made an application for £30.00 on the 19th of August 2010, and as there were insuficient funds available the bank has refused to pay this sum.

The circumstances are that my wife has a debt outstanding, and the creditors used Chritopher Pinion Solicitors to enforce a Charging Order on our home until the outstanding debt of £3500.00 is fully paid off. An agreement was reached that a sum of £30.00 would be paid monthly on the 1st of each month until this debt was paid off, or our circumstances change and we will be in a position to clear this debt ( please god!! )

I am concerned that an application for the agreed payment was made on the 19th, when all other payments have been collected on the 1st of each month. I need some help, mas I think that Rockwell will make a claim that I have defaulted on the agreement and try and inforce the legal charge?

Any offer of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all in anticipation.

The company taking the DD are at fault. They agree to take a payment on a fixed day and to let you know if the amount to be taken changes, well in advance. You should write a strongly worded letter to them and claim any bank charges if they do this and you incur any. I have had this with 'normal' companies (not debt) and it is part of the DD 'guarantee'

In a case like this I would investigate setting up a Standing Order or internet payment on the 1st Month. If they are funny about this say you will refer it back to the court who will not insist that you use DD.

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

Good advice, this is a prime example of what happens once you give your banking details to this type of company..

There is another way, and that would be to get a pre-paid card, http://www.mycashplus.co.uk/offers/cashplus/tabs/default.aspx. These are not credit checked but you could put just the amount to cover your DD and no more onto the card and then give them the card details. This will avoid them trying to take money other than on the specified day, and the specified amount.

You need to request their Rockwell's, complaints procedure and put in an invoice for any bank charges you get relating to this transaction.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Cancel the DD with the bank and tell the company that you will arrange an alternative means of payment from when next due. YOU must be in control here.

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

Hi Everyone

Thanks very much to all for your advice and opinions. it's very comforting to know that there are people out there who can help, and put some comfort back into your day/life.

Thanks once again.