Petition to the House of Commons to outlaw Debts being sold on to 3rd parties

jimbo45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I'm not much good at drawing up this sort of stuff but seeing how around 95% of the problems here seem to be with aggressive DCA's collecting debts they have purchased (usually for pennies in the pound) isn't it about time we got this ODIOUS practice stopped -- at least for CONSUMER debts such as Credit cards etc.

At this stage I wouldn't try and ask for TOO MUCH so I'd still allow collection by 3rd parties but the debt still BELONGS to the original creditor - who usually are easier to deal with in any case.

If they knew debts couldn't be sold on they would probably be much easier to deal with when negociating for Full and Final Settlements too.

So I'm sure some decent SOL could draw up a decent petition which people could sign all over the internet and get this dispatched off to the House of Commons ASAP while the new Coalition still is in "reforming mode".

Cheers

jimbo

They will say that there are already organizations 'policing' the industry , so in my opinion it might be better if a petition were started that these orginazation with, in some cases the 'most' highly paid CEO might be made TO DO THEIR JOB and instead of a slap on the wrist for a misdeamour (/sp?) they would actual enforce the laws and guidelines they are supposed to 'policing'

So I'm sure some decent SOL could draw up a decent petition which people could sign all over the internet and get this dispatched off to the House of Commons ASAP while the new Coalition still is in "reforming mode".

Waste of time. Our politicians don't have any control over the debt markets and would not want to exercise any. It is an international business. Most of the DCA's operating here, are not UK owned. They are mostly owned by private equity groups and extremely rich groups of individuals. Aktiv Kapitol for example are owned by Norwegian Billionaires.

Do you really think most senior politicians will bite the hands that feed them ? When it comes to paying to fight elections, you only have to look at where the big money comes from. Also look at some of the funding that is paid to local constituency associations to help publicise what the local political parties are doing to help. Some of the money they receive comes from the people that have a vested interest in the debt industry.

What I think needs to happen and where politicians can help, is to ensure the UK public are made more aware of their legal rights and given greater access to free legal representation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I've never understood how it is legal to write a debt off and claim tax relief on it, and then sell it, surely once it is written off it isn't theirs to sell.

What they do is write off the debt against any tax liability, but if they obtain any money from the sale of the debts, they declare this as taxable income.

This is pretty fair if you think about. They should only pay tax on any income they earn. If they had made loans to customers which were then subject to default, they are not earning anything on them and in some cases are unlikely to do so. So it is fair to offset this against any tax liability. As soon as they do earn anything from them, this is declared as income, with tax paid.

These are standard accounting practices that operate on a worldwide basis.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread